Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi all please help a beginner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi all please help a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
DennisN wrote:
and it does it by magic. Laughing
Jezz like that! 8O
Not a Tommy Cooper fan then. Rolling Eyes

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Oldboy wrote:
DennisN wrote:
and it does it by magic. Laughing
Jezz like that! 8O
Not a Tommy Cooper fan then. Rolling Eyes

So now he's name-dropping!

thenixons must think we're a right stuck up bunch. They may even think I'm intelligent Clap

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, it's nothing technical Laughing

Izzy wizzy,let's get busy:

Jezz (or Just) like that:
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

Jezz (or Just) like that:
Glad it's not only me who remembers.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
thenixons
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that was easy. Derrrr. Magic wand on charge...

Now then, I've got a TomTom One Europe and I'm trying to download the UK fixed speed camera database. I've followed Privateer's instructions, but I can't get the POI screen to show safety cameras. Is there another dull thing I'm not doing?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenixons wrote:

Now then, I've got a TomTom One Europe and I'm trying to download the UK fixed speed camera database. I've followed Privateer's instructions, but I can't get the POI screen to show safety cameras. Is there another dull thing I'm not doing?

Blimey, are you still here? - we were so interested in scoring points for clever quips, we'd quite forgotten about you!!!

Try - Browse Map, then Options, then tick Points of Interest, then click on POI (bottom left) and then tick whatever you'd like to see.. Not having a TT one myself, I hope that does the business.

phee272
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLee wrote:
I think I had the same problem and it was because the download icon for the zip didn't appear in Firefox. When I switched to IE all was well.
can someone please help me?
phee272
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLee wrote:
I think I had the same problem and it was because the download icon for the zip didn't appear in Firefox. When I switched to IE all was well.
hi i'm a new member and really new to computers just wondered if theirs a idiots guide to installing stuff from pocketgps to my tomtom i was on the computer last night for over 6hours trying to get speed cam warnings? i'm pretty clueless with computers? i printed out the instructions to fallow but most of it was over my head? i've got the poi files saved on my (my computer) how do i get this to go on to my tomtom? i got lost where it says go to removable disk? which one theirs about 4 plus one that says tomtom? then it says go to the map directory? how? for example the folder map? whats that? is it on the comp or the tomtom? please help regards peter
phee272
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
thenixons wrote:

Blimey, are you still here? - we were so interested in scoring points for clever quips, we'd quite forgotten about you!!!

Try - Browse Map, then Options, then tick Points of Interest, then click on POI (bottom left) and then tick whatever you'd like to see.. Not having a TT one myself, I hope that does the business.
hi can someone please help i need to put speed cam warnings on my tom tom is there any where you can take it to get done? i can't do it myself its to complicated thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, Welcome to the forum, Please have a read through THIS Guide, I appreciate its for a different device, but if you ignore the Text To Speech part the rest is applicable, just follow it step by step, if you get stuck please re-post detailing at which point it goes wrong - Mike
phee272
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Peter, Welcome to the forum, Please have a read through THIS Guide, I appreciate its for a different device, but if you ignore the Text To Speech part the rest is applicable, just follow it step by step, if you get stuck please re-post detailing at which point it goes wrong - Mike
hi thanks for all the info but i just cant do it i haven't a clue with computers i can't even work out how to leave posts i have to go to quotes just to ask questions! i've subscribed to pocketgps yesterday and got the speed cam down loads and spent every minuet trying to download them on my tomtom so my computer is really messed up i was trying every thing so now when i go in (my computer) where i downloaded the files theirs about 3 poi in it theres zip files its a real mess i don't know whats what? i was trying to copy the files paste them open them send them now i can't follow your instructions. the only way is if i could delete everything to do with tomtom in (my computer)and start again with your instructions that i've printed out but i'm not sure if you can download the safety cam file more than once? i've subscribed for a year mem. thanks kind regards peter
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Let's get you back to where you were before you started. I am assuming you know how to use Wndows Explorer - If you don't, this isn't going to help.

1. Start Win Explorer, go to the place where you can see the POI files you downloaded and delete them all - you could have one called pgpsw-speed-cams.zip, plus several called pocketgps_UK_**** (the stars mean any letters).

2. Now plug your Tom Tom into the power supply so that its battery doesn't run down, then connect it to your computer with the USB cable, then switch the Tom Tom on. The screen should ask if you want to connect to the computer, so tap the "YES".

Now, I don't know what Tom Tom model you've got, cos' you haven't said and you haven't said whether you have Tom Tom HOME program working.
If you HAVE got TT HOME working, it will start up when you switch the Tom Tom on. Don't do anything in the TT HOME screen.
At the bottom of your screen will be a tab showing the place where you were deleting the downloaded pgpsw files. Click that to bring that screen up. Now click on the + sign by the drive called Tom Tom. That will show you a list of things including your Map Folder. I can't tell you what the correct name of that folder is, but it will be something like GB or Western Europe - some sort of UK area country name. If you click on that folder name, on the right hand screen you will see filenames which include "cline.dat", "cname.dat" and "cnode.dat". DO NOT do anything about these, I only tell you the names because if that's what you can see, you've found the correct map file name. Make a note of the map folder name, it's where you will copy the speed camera fails into.

Leave all this lot running now and go back to the pgpsw site and click on Speed Cameras to start the download again.
Select SatNav system "Tom Tom OV2", then "Continue"
Select UK - Single File with all cameras.
Click Download.
When it asks, choose SAVE to disk and whilst that's happening, make a note of where it is saving the download.
When done, close the pgpsw website.
Using the already open Win Explorer, now go to where the download was saved. Find the entry for pgpsw-speed-cams.zip and double click it. This will allow you to extract the files (God help me if you haven't got Wiundows XP because if you haven't, the extract won't work - fingers crossed!) and the files which are extracted include two called "pocketgps_UK_sc.ov2" and "pocketgps_UK_sc.bmp".
Highlight these two, then right click them and select "Copy".
Move to the map folder on the Tom Tom - that is, click its name so that you can see those files I mentioned above "cline.dat" etc. With just the map folder name highlighted, right click it, then select "Paste".
Now can you see those two files "pocketgps_UK ....etc" in that folder. You'd better can!!!
Now, if you had Tom Tom HOME started when you plugged in, click on the screen bottom tab for TT Home to bring that back up. On the bottom left is a smallish icon with an upward pointing arrow and under it the words My Device. Click on that. Nothing startling happens, but you can now unplug the Tom Tom's USB cable and close the TT Home program.
Now if it isn't already started, switch on your Tom Tom.
Tap screen then tap "Change Preferences". Next, tap "Enable/disable POIs". Now tap the down arrow until you get to the pocketgps camera and tap the box next to it so that it gets a tick. Then click DONE.
Now, tap screen then tap Change Preferences, then tap right arroiw until you get the screen showing "Manage POIs" and tap that. Then tap "Warn when near POI", then tap the pgpsw camera. You will get a choice for distance, but just tap DONE, then tap the boix wich will put a tick against "Warn only if POI is on route", then choose a warning sound, then tap DONE.
And you've finished. When you drive somewhere near a speed camera, you'll get warned both by a flashing symbol on screen and by a sound.

I am now going off to copy the above into an e-mail to send to you in case you find that easier to save/print/follow.
Good luck
Dennis

phee272
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: please help Reply with quote

i've subscribe for one year but dont know how to download anything IE speed cam warnings please help
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the beginners' guide, the FAQs and the installation guide for your particular satnav first. All of them are accessible from the Help / Speed Cameras link on the left of this page (in red text!).

Once you have done that, ask again if you have specific problems, telling us where you got to and what happened (and especially what system you have!.Wink )

But...
Please, please, back up your maps and software before you do anything else Thumbs Up
Prodriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just added a Kenwood KNA-G520 (Garmin) sat nav to my Kenwood DDX 6029 screen.

I managed to download a software update for version 3.40 onto my SD card which the machine recognised straightaway. But, having downloaded the Garmin POI Loader and the speed camera database I can't get the database onto the SD Card to be recognised by the system.

I have read the guide but when I double click on the POI Loader as it says, all I get is a message saying that it has been installed and it won't let me go any further. The speed camera database file appears to be compressed but opens no problem.

I have straight copied the speed camera database to the SD Card but the system won't recognise it.

What have I done wrong................it's beginning to get to me!!!!! Sad

Thanks
Nigel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: