Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom one V2 cable
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom one V2 cable
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hirvevarra wrote:
Montala wrote:
I prefer to mount mine quite low down in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen.....

Right where the opportunist thieves prefer it, too !!! Ho hum!!

Ah, but if I am not in the vehicle, then neither is my TomTom... or the lead, or any tell-tale circle on the windscreen!

I value both my car, and my sat-nav!
rory1968
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: tomtom power lead and position Reply with quote

Hi,it may not work in your car,I have a Saab and I use one of those semi permanent discs on my dash above the radio(it came with my old i3).The unit attaches fine to this disc and the cable just drops straight down in front of radio.Doesn't obscure your vision and is in an eassy to use position.I have a sticker next to the disc which says ("NO its not in the car!")bit sad really,hope it helps,Mike
pension
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

Just like Montala my TTone has a right angled USB plug that is 90 degress to the right (rather than left which would have been much better for the UK) and it terminates in a hard wired car charger.

My problem is that just like Montala I like the unit close to the top of the dashboard and the USB plus is so flippin big that this is not possible. The original question was if anyone knew of a company that made cables with smaller plugs. The topic highlighted by Andy_P2002 show exactly the sort of thing I need so will try and get hold of one of those.

Failing that Montala's solution of a new mount on the centre consol with the cable going straight down is the next best thing (although I guess the right angle would be the wrong cable then!)

Cheers
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Pension

Before I bought my TTOV2 I contemplated the Nuvi but due to TMC woes I held back from purchase. In the meantime though I was in discussions with Garmin re: their proposed fix to the power charger. Every time they brought out a new charger they sent me a new one until the final fix. I never did buy the Nuvi but had 4 car leads!

You could ring their customer help line 08708501241 and say you have a Nuvi with the old charger and that TMC doesnt work. They may send you a new one free like they did for me. I have tried the Nuvi charger and although it is rated at 800mA as opposed to the TT 2A charger, the Nuvi charger works great and has the right angled connector you seek. In fact I think their charger is better in this respect.

Give it a go OR PM me. I have 1 of these Garmin chargers spare now (given the rest away to family) and if you can cover postage you can have it.
mickt014
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not mount it upside down with the usb port at the top and use the
" turn the screen upside down" function....just a thought :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: