Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - camera database on Go 710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

camera database on Go 710

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tipi182
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: camera database on Go 710 Reply with quote

Hi, i recently bought a Go 710 which already has a list of speed cameras built in, i was looking at subscribing to the camera updates through tomtom home but after finding this website i decided to subscribe here instead. I have downloaded the poi camera speed zone update and followed the instructions and installed and added a warning tone on my tomtom and all seems fine. My question is that on the 710 it has its own icon for tomtoms cameras and was wondering if i should disable that, so it dosn't conflict with the GPS cameras (download from here) which are in the poi catagory.

thanks in advance
_Brian_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 710 with the Pocket GPS Cameras installed. I have decided to leave my TomTom cameras enabled so that I can get both TomTom (tone) and the PGPS voice alerts.

Also, as I understand from TomTom Tech People, if you disable the TomTom cameras, you will not see the road speed limits next to your actual speed.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Brian_ wrote:
Also, as I understand from TomTom Tech People, if you disable the TomTom cameras, you will not see the road speed limits next to your actual speed.
Well I wonder who that well educated individual was that told you that! The speed limit data is part of the map and totally independent of the camera warning system!

As you point out, you can run both camera warning systems at the same time - the choice is yours - but removal of the TT offering will not remove anything other than the camera files.

The actual speed display is enabled by going to Change Preferences/ Status Bar Preferences and check the Speed box, you will always see road speed but it is supplemented by the road speed limit where this is known.

If you need the space on the memory card make sure you have backed up the unit to the computer then remove the TT Cameras if you are not using them - Mike
_Brian_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I was told this enable the speed cameras to see the speed limits by TomTom Tech Support (via Phone) when I called about not seeing the speed limits. However, when I tried the unit out later in the day, I didn't see the speed limits until I entered a larger town ( I live in New Forest). I assumed that this advise was correct since I did ultimately see the speed limits, but I didn't drive over the same road with the unit in the "Cameras Disabled" mode. Your probably right.
tipi182
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies, i will leave the TT cameras enabled as well on the 710, the reason why i was abit confused is that i have a GO 700 as well which the TT camera icons are greyd out as i have never had them activated and i put the gps world camera update on that one first, so when i came to update the 710 and noticed that cameras were already on (all be it out of date) i wasn't sure if they would conflict with each other

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: