Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - upto my neck in it
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

upto my neck in it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: upto my neck in it Reply with quote

have put the zoned set on my ipaq5550 and changed the data chk and now have a mass of little pictures followed by "pocketgpsworld blah in the tomtom601 edit poi screen.(cant see description as to long for window)
thing is all of them have the "mobile" voice and i cant see what each picture is for to asign the relevant voice,is there a pic list somewhere to enable me to sus whats a spec or gatso or mobile?.
this is in tt601.
think i mite wipe it all off and start again,Laughing Out Loud.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please have a read through THIS Page, it details both the data.chk and the newer ogg file format for spoken alerts. to be honest I would try putting the original data.chk back in place and use the ogg method
1/ you know exactly which voice is for the camera
2/ If or when TomTom bring out new software the ogg file warnings will remain in place whereas the data.chk file is replaced necessitating further work - Mike
forx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

errmm.ok.
will try it but sure ive tried this b4 and couldnt find a link to tt601 voices on that rays page just kept taking me round in circles(to a newsletter) with no download button.
thanks anyhow.
forx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok have downloaded,renamed these *ogg files etc,nothing works tho so presume they are not the rite files for tt601.the link on the page that says :
VERSION 6+ UPDATES HERE just goes to a newsletter page with no download button,its says at the bottom:If you have previously used my real voice warning you can download the ogg files for Andy, *Liz and Vicki at the bottom of the Real voice warnings page here Use the 22050hz version.
thing is i havent used his voice thingy b4 so wtf is going on here.
spent ages on this n getting nowhare.
ive only got the single uk and major roads map,everything is standard tt601 install.original dat.chk file.....the zoned camera dbase from november and all ive got on the machine in tt menu is beeps etc.
thanks.
forx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bllx to it,ipaq doesnt even recognise ogg files at all,waste of time.. Sad
done everything in all the forum posts,nothing,sees the camera dbase just gives me bells n moos,stupid thing Laughing Out Loud.
going back to datachk file way,least i got some voices.....
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forx wrote:
bllx to it,ipaq doesnt even recognise ogg files at all,waste of time.. Sad
done everything in all the forum posts,nothing,sees the camera dbase just gives me bells n moos,stupid thing Laughing Out Loud.
going back to datachk file way,least i got some voices.....
It doesn't need to, as long as TT recognises them, which it does Exclamation

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
forx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,bgf.
well i tried 4 more times today,tt601 doesnt see these oggs no matter what i do lmao.
seems ive got a special ipaq h5550,gonna leave it for a while else ill throw it out of window.
will concentrate on fitting it into the rugged case thing ive bought for it,instead.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the file extension of the ogg files you have re-named, as per the guide I linked to above, look for .ogg.ogg if you find this you have too many ogg extensions (which is a common error - blame microsoft for hiding the file extensions by default).

Which file set are you trying to use from Ray's site, Liz, Andy or someone else? - I am sure its not your device that prevents this from working, an overlooked minor detail is often the cause, PM me with the details if you wish - Mike
forx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,have finally got it going,yaay.
i reinstalled tt and whilst doing that uninstalled a program called sktools which i had put on to demo,all the voices sprang into life and away i went tho i am hesitant to put sktools back on but need such a utility to keep the reg etc clean.
still none of it takes long now,had lts of practise Laughing Out Loud.
thanks muchly for all your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: