Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner’s Guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaz123456789
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello im new to the satnav world baught my very own for the first time 3 weeks ago i have the via michelin v4 i havent a clue were to start even looking and installing sofware nevermind installing speed camera sofware. can can some one please help me reguarding installing camera software on to my viamichelin. as sending me to the right web page i need
and possibly easy instructions on how to install i would be gratfull and also is there a free data base or is it that you have to pay a subscription
for our down loads foer the speed camera software thanks
shaz Embarassed
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaz, Welcome to the forum, please have a read through the set-up guide which can be found HERE In addition to the installation you asked about a free database, there is no such thing, please have a read through the Subscriptions page for more information - Mike
BJB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Pocketgps camera data base and EBay auction item Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Shaz, Welcome to the forum, please have a read through the set-up guide which can be found HERE In addition to the installation you asked about a free database, there is no such thing, please have a read through the Subscriptions page for more information - Mike

Mike

EBay item number 260062300685 is for a Navman ic 530 which includes the ' ' pocketgps camera data base free UNDER LICENCE then goes on to quote the required fee for updates. Does this sale meet your rules?

Bryan[/b][/u][/i]
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bryan,

When I get a minute, I will investigate further, but on the face of it, it seems OK.

Many thanks for taking the effort to report it.
ksb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi can anyone help me, i have a tomtom one uk version 2
i have downloaded the required files to my computer, but i cannot, move the files to the tomtom map folder, there is no copy paste available , and you cannot drag and drop, does anyone know what i can do, i am using windows xp homee edition thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open the download you need to click "Extract All Files" save the files to a known location before using copy/ paste to get the files where you need them (the map folder of your TomTom One V3) - Mike
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having got all 24 files onto Memory Card map folder manually, I thought I would investigate POI Sync/Edit for future updates.

Rather than have all 24 files available to sync it seems to have a mixture of method 2 - categories and method 3 individual files (ie spec camera individual sppeds not there). So to use, would have to pick what is available in POI Sync listing then do the others manually, being carefull not to select say Specs (all-in-one file).

Any reason for this? Do others use this Sync with separate speed files and if so am I missing something?
ciderapple
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Cheers for all the help and a big Ta! to Privateer for the guide to setting up the TT One. Got my TT One v.2 set up now with all the speed camera warnings up and running. Very simple to do and easy to follow - the only tedious bit was activating each warning and assigning a sound, but shed loads better than copping a ticket! Will now pass on my "expertise" to my bro and niece who also have new TomToms.
Cheers guys.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewH13 wrote:
Having got all 24 files onto Memory Card map folder manually, I thought I would investigate POI Sync/Edit for future updates.

Rather than have all 24 files available to sync it seems to have a mixture of method 2 - categories and method 3 individual files (ie spec camera individual sppeds not there). So to use, would have to pick what is available in POI Sync listing then do the others manually, being carefull not to select say Specs (all-in-one file).

Any reason for this? Do others use this Sync with separate speed files and if so am I missing something?
POIEdit has not supported synching the Camera db since the site became subscription based early this year. Crying or Very sad
ciderapple wrote:
Very simple to do and easy to follow - the only tedious bit was activating each warning and assigning a sound, but shed loads better than copping a ticket!
Remember that this setup only needs to be done once! :D

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
popeyetheace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. i have just bought a garmin310d and thought i would update the poi's and camera info. subscibed to this great looking web site, downloaded both into a folder in my documents. then tried sending to my garmin with poi loader but cant do it, get a message saying no data files in directory-pls specify a file that contains a .csv extension. also not sure i downloaded the correct camera version. i am not very good with computers so am really stuck. can someone pls help.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you download?
If you go through the download process and select "Garmin" in the first box and "UK-POI Loader i3, Nuvi etc" in the second, then download, what you get is a ZIP archive called "pgpsw-speed-cams.zip".
This must be decompressed (double click on it and select "extract all") and you should now have the five 'consolidated-by-camera-type' files (and the bitmap icons to go wityh them).

These files ARE in .csv format.
If you cannot see that, do you have file extensions hidden in Windows Explorer (Tools menu / Folder Options / View tab)?

Is POI Loader looking for them in the right place?
Svengali_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Update Query Reply with quote

I set up my TTG last June, with a lot of help from this site. Being partially deaf, I also installed a sound package that gave a loud siren, and which identified the type and speed of the camera for me.
If I now download & install the update, will I lose my sound files? - they took quite a long time to install, & assign all the verbal warnings correctly.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svengali...
It depends on what method you used when you originaslly set up your alerts.
The "old" way was to use a modified "data.chk" file (that's the file that usually does the built in sounds) - so if, when you set up your vocal alerts, they were still called "cow" etc. that's what you used).
Unfortunately, every version of TomTom software needed its own (different) version of data.chk, so if you upgrade (I assume you are talking about the operating software here) then yes you will lose your custom alerts.

However, there is a better way of doing it now - just putting individual sound files in the same place AND with the same name as each of the ov2 datafiles, will give the same results, but will still work with any new software version. For this to work, the files have to be recorded in the Ogg Vorbis (.ogg) audio format.

In your particular case, what we can try, if needs be, is take your data.chk with your alerts as you like them, put it through a utility to strip out the individual alerts and then recode them individually in the format needed for the "new" method.

But an easier solution might be ready-made from member "Mullet"...

Quote:
I already did, try these.
Ray Flanagan's Liz Whitaker .ogg files for the PSPSW 24 zoned warnings. Renamed, increased volume, preceded by a siren and the missing 20mph/tba files etc are included.

22050Hz file set http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=195525

Watch out though, that is a link to a file-sharing site and the first thing you will see are some pictures of "scantily-clad" (I never thought I'd use that phrase!) women.
Svengali_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! That's interesting. It was Mullet that originally sent me the soundfiles that I used - but for the life of me, I can't remember just how I did it.
The link was: http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/poiw.html , but in my PM he asked for my email address so that he could send me another file - but I can no longer find it.
Does this give you a clue to what I might have done?
grouty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: re installing database Reply with quote

Hi, i did post a question in another area but had no replies. Just thought i would try here. I installed the database on my navman 530 successfully about 8 months ago and everything works fine. I want to reinstall the new database. Do i need to delete all of the old database first from my navman or just load straight over the top. Grateful for any reply

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 20 of 33

Jump to: