Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq has finally died what to get.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq has finally died what to get.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cejsmith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Ipaq has finally died what to get. Reply with quote

Hi

My Ipaq/co pilot comb as finally died. So I thought I would get a stand alone system.

The TomTOM 910 looks good value at £300 or should I look else where at say the garmin 660.

I want a unit that should last me for a few years and can be upgraded to TMC etc.

Thanks for the help.

Colin
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a PDA system until very recently, but in October I bought a TomTom One. I don't know how durable it will prove to be, but so far it has performed flawlessly. After CoPilot you will find it a revelation! Available at very good prices at the moment (about £170 for the GB version, £240 for seamless street level Europe maps)
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin

Couple of things. You can get TT One Europe for £199.99 from Currys Global Positioning Sytems etc etc which is a very tempting price.

Secondly, I have CP5 and have always found it really good. I know there is a huge history of people posting bad things but it has always done the job for me. Never had a problem, and there have been some, that I would want to take really serious issue with Co Pilot 5 although I like TT5 which I have just installed and if I have an observation it is that I miss TTS and PC route planning which of course TT5 does not have.

TTOne has TT6 installed I presume but either way as a driving aid I am really tempted to pop out to Currys and buy one.

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I used to be a CoPilot enthusiast. I had a few problems with CP4 which they were unable to fix, as a result of which they invited me to be a beta tester for CP5. That was a great improvement, though it did have some major bugs in the early days. I had the Pan Europe version, and I was very disappointed when I updated to CP6 and there were major problems using it in France (routing problems with many journeys because CP6 did not think some motorway slip roads could be used). It took them about 9 months to come up with a partial fix which sorted out the routes where I had previously reported problems, but there were still anomalies in some areas). It is also not quick enough to respond in densely packed cities - certainly using TTS you could be past your junction before the instruction was completed. Meanwhile TT5 came out, and I found it so reliable in UK and Europe that I stopped using CP6 altogether.
Yes, I saw the Dixons advert for TTOne v2 Europe for under £200 - at that price it's a steal. I paid more than that for mine, but still think I got good value
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
cejsmith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't anybody think the extra features of the 910 are worth the extra £100? Usa map, bluetooth etc?

Also are the *10 range being replaced soon as the price is dropping?
Merlin2005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in the dead kit, what does it include and how much would you take for it?

M2005
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cejsmith wrote:
Doesn't anybody think the extra features of the 910 are worth the extra £100? Usa map, bluetooth etc?

Also are the *10 range being replaced soon as the price is dropping?

It all depends on how you view these devices and what you want them for.

I travel in the UK and Spain quite a bit and although I go to the US at least once a year its such a simple place to drive around I'm not sure I would use a Sat Nav. I have an installed BT car kit for my mobile phone so really don't need another one. So for me its just a straight forward Sat Nav device I need so the TTone Europe is a good deal.

Otherwise, yes, its a good deal but a bulky device. Which is partly why I'm getting rid of my 2210 and Co Pilot 5..and TT5 because of all the cables etc. Small is good for me...

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: