Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Battery Life?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery Life?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadders001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Battery Life? Reply with quote

Is there a way of seeing what battery life is left on the 910?
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it not the same as other models?
touch the screen in map mode on the satellite signal strength icon and among other things to appear will be a graphic of the battery showing charge left in it.
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you mean how much charge is left, tap bottom right of screen.
in top right corner, a battery indicator bar lives.

if you mean how long before battery dies and needs replacing.....no, it'll just happen and make you cross!

regards
chadders001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for the battery indicator, which you have elloquently revealed lies within the map view via the Sat indicator icons.

I must say that I am pretty impressed with this system so far... although I sure wish companies would pay as much attention to the little details as Apple do!

A couple of things that really aggravate me already about the TT 910 are:
1. The connector, which I know has already been modified, still doesn't give any kind of reassuring 'click' to let you know that it is mounted correctly.

2. The power cord connector for the dektop charger sticks out of the side of the unit, and constantly falls out at any slight movement across the desk. Why it juts out from the side and why the connection is so weak is beyond me.

3. The menu selections seem so un intuitive to me. The logic of what is where and how they are grouped is beyond me. But I guess that is very subjective.

These kind of little things, spoil an otherwise nice piece of kit...

Just my 2 cents

c.
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chadders001 wrote:
3. The menu selections seem so un intuitive to me. The logic of what is where and how they are grouped is beyond me. But I guess that is very subjective.

Not sure if this will help or hinder......but it might make some of your blues disappear.....

Ray's Site Custom menus'
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you might have a problem, the 910 sould click into place on both the home dock and the car dock, are you pressing it firmly into position as it does take some force to lock into position (more so on the car dock).

Again with the power lead on the Home connect, I find it takes considerable force to pull this connector out once fully pushed home, they can be stiff to mate at first - if it is still falling out after a firm shove home, return the device as defective, it shouldn't simply "fall out".

The menu system can be altered quite easily by manipulation of a few lines of text using Note Pad on the PC, there are a number of threads containing information on the custom menu options suach as THIS One. a search will bring up more options of information though.

As always before messing around doing anything of this nature please make sure you have backed up the device before playing around - Mike
Jakle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect there are different versions with different fittings. I have had mine for a few weeks now and it 'suffers' from the loose power connector on the dock, although it isn't a problem if you leave it static. Also the fitting into the dock doesn't lock positively, although the car dock does but still isn't tight (it just drops into place) - but there are no connection problems suggesting this is a 'feature'.
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i to find the home power connection is loose. slightest movement of the unit and it falls out. the docking connection does seem to be a prob locking it into place. there doesn't seem to be a positive click. been a bit wary of giving it a hard push though!!!!
Jakle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here with the docking station - mine just sits there with no 'click'. Hence my comment - they must have changed the design - and there might be a lot of people out there forcing something which shouldn't be!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: