Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Nightmare
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mparky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Navman Nightmare Reply with quote

:x

Can anyone please help??? Have just got a Navman ICN 520, works well withspeedcamera database on. I have no PC update software (came with none) but has SmartST 2005 on it. I can see all the files on the card.

I am trying to update the speed camera database, and file on t are GATSO.BM GATSO.CHK GATSO.ini GATSO.MAP...same for MOBILE and REDLIGHTS.

Is there any way to update these files with out the Desktop Software, can't seem to get the right extensions...otherwise stuffed as can't get PC software from anywhere at a reasonable price!!

Help Help Help!!

Thanks
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware you need the desktop software.

The .asc files that form the database need to be converted to the three file types you have described so that the ICN 520 can deal with them.
mparky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that...starter for 10, where can i get a copy of the desktop software? My ICN 520 was BNIB, but no CD's?? Mparky
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was BNIB then it should have two CD's in it.

Firstly, question supplier where the CD's are. The CD's have a registration code for the maps and software embedded.

The CD's can be purchased from Navman.

http://www.navmanstores.com/eu/range.php?category=Software+%26+Maps&range=iCN+500+Series

But in a couple of weeks time (if the rumours are correct) the ST2006 will be released.
mparky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joy with supplier on Ebay i am afraid...if i am correct in understanding what you are saying then i need to but maps & smartST to make it work as my copies could be non-original?

If that's the case i guess i have been stung, as even if i get a copy for my PC it won't talk to unregistered software...beware ebay the moral i guess...

Am i looking at £100 on top of the £140 i paid for the 520 & do i just overwrite everything?

thanks for that mparky Crying or Very sad
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that bad.

If you get the new discs from Navman then you should have a new registration code so everything should be back on an even keel.

What is a bit puzzling is why the original discs aren't available from the seller. They are no good to him.

It may be worthwhile getting some advice from Navman on the registration matters.
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

News is even better than that. If you can get hold of the CD's, you should be able to do everything you need to and more. The registration keys are stored by Navman, when you install on your PC, you can connect and get those keys.

All you need is some nice person to send/give you a copy of the CD's. (Sorry, I can't help there, don't have them). I doubt theres a copyright issue, as you have already paid for the use of the content with the purchase of the 520.

Obviously this does not extend to trying to get free upgrades and free extra maps, but that won't work because Navmans regisration system stops you using things you have not paid for.
mparky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, things are looking a bit brighter. I am now on the case with navman, ebay seller dissapeared. If i get nowhere with Navman, if anyone can burn me a copy I can paypal to cover the cost & time? As you say i have the unit, so i can't see any licence issue....mparky....
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: SmartST Reply with quote

See your PM - it could help Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: