Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom go500 problems with connection to sony ericsson z550i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom go500 problems with connection to sony ericsson z550i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauluk30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: tomtom go500 problems with connection to sony ericsson z550i Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone help with problems with tomtom 500 and phone sony ericsson z550i.

It will connect with the bluetooth and hands free will work but it wont receive text messages everytime I try to allow it to work with text messages the TOmTOM comes up with the following message.

" you have selected a recorded human voice such voices can not be used to read street names or messages to you"

I have checked with tomtom site and it says the phone is compatiable to read / write text messages and act as hands free.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful

Thanks Paul
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what are you doing to get this message?

Tap the screen, then Mobile Phone, then simply Read/Write Message - the next screen will allow you to read inbox, read outbox and write a new message (of course, you won't be able to read either in or out boxes if they are empty, so right now they'll be greyed out).

You'll get the error message you have quoted if you try the Phone Preferences menu, where you are trying to make it read messages to you (as in "read/speak out text" as opposed to you reading the text yourself with your eyes). It cannot convert text to speech (that function is only available in the GO910, so this option really shouldn't be in the 500 software). If you can receive and make calls hands free with it, I can't think why you can't read or send messages.
Unlike your phone, incoming messages will not record on the 500 unless it's switched on and connected to your phone when they arrive, so you can't read messages which you received whilst it was switched off - they're only on your phone memory.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
pauluk30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis,

Ahh I understand what your saying Its just on the tomtom site it says the tom is capable of reading and sending texts, I can send them fine but cannot receive them.

I will try again and see if i can get it going.

Thanks for your reply Paul
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sit in the motor with the GO switched on and connected to your mobile phone, then get somebody to send you a text and I'm sure it'll work for you.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: