Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN 520 Update...still waiting
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN 520 Update...still waiting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CK2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: iCN 520 Update...still waiting Reply with quote

I was advised by Navman that the update (maps and Software) for the iCN520 would be available on Friday 15th December...give or take a day or so. it's now almost a week late (again)
Currently travelling around 1000 miles per week and getting very frustrated with outdated maps...and desperate for full postcode search.
Has anyone heard anything more recent from Navman about the latest release date.....this is the third date i've been given.....and still waiting.....and waiting......and waiting........

Keith
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Like you ‘waiting in the wings’?
Santa may bring me a laptop, so I am looking at MS Autoroute 2007. Have used Auto for many years, (latest 2004). If the write up’s on it, is as good as they say, I may be tempted. You can purchase it as software or as a package with receiver. “Navman pull your finger out”, as I may convert?
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read my comments here
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Find your thread interesting. You may be right, it certainly looks that way.
‘Sad to loose such a good product.’ I don’t like TomTom, my brother has a PDA version & a GO, and it’s not for me. Looked at the Mio, but the problems they have with their version of TMC, puts me off.
So what am I to do? Run my 510 into the ground. Then go back to hard copies (maps) & hope that something new will come along, or go for what I have looked at.
Your comments please.
Regards
DRP

themeldrews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like you DRP the Navman 520 Europe suits us fine and we have got used to its system.I have looked at the amazing number of other models around and none of them are perfect but at least the prices are dropping .If Navman dont deliver on their promise of updates i will probably hang on to my 520 for another year and see whats around then.I think lots of folk forget that even paper maps are usually a year out of date by the time they are on the market.
CK2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Navman 520 Update Reply with quote

Just recieved email from NavMan Tech Support, apologising for the delay but they want to make sure the maps are correct before release. Latest release date is Mid Jan. Size wise and interface wise, will be worth waiting for map update and software update for this product. Any longer delay and could be looking elsewhere.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Waiting............? Reply with quote

I am impatient sort of person so gave up my iCN510 ( a pefectly trustworthy beast) for the special offer of the N20 which has the SmartST 2006 maps and software installed - which I guess is what is going to be on the 510-520 when the upgrade/update is released.
If it is I think you will find the new maps and software a good improvement and worth waiting for.
Keep biting the bullet Wink

Graham
(In sunny Dalmatia)
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wait. Plenty of other manufacturers offer good products, reliable support and do not mislead customers. The only way to get your message across is with your feet.
Navman have consitantly
A) Lied and mislead there existing customers
B) Put new customers ahead of there existing customers
C) Misrepresented the products they offer existing customers

Seems to me theres a message here about being a Navman exisiting customer. Once you are one they don't give a @#$%^ about you.

So as I see it pull down you pants and hand over the KY. I bet the 520 Upgrade will have the same maps as the 720/750, which was released 6 months ago, and there is nothing you can do about it.
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the software be a free upgrade? (not maps obviously)
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley_Tweedle wrote:
Will the software be a free upgrade? (not maps obviously)

Who knows Question However, based on previous upgrades, you could get the choice of either paying for the software upgrade alone or the package which will include the software & maps. Wink
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm actually hoping for a 530 upgrade (for my brother who now owns my 530). If Navman are competing with TT then they must know that TT software upgrades are FREE Laughing
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,i agree with all the previous comments about Navman.

Dont think they give about their existing customers

i have a Navman ICN 510 which has the smart st 2005 software.
the maps are uk and are from 2004(outdated already)although only got the unit earlier this year new.

Search for some places and they are incorrect,postcode search is rubbish.

it needs the software updating to give better searching and full postcode search.
if this was done it would be a big improvement to what seems a good device otherwise.
i dont blame the faults on the unit,its more the software and the maps need seeing to.

Therefore if Navman supply a free software update ie st 2006 to get it updated and working fully,then i would gladly purchase the updated maps when and everytime they are available.

but i wont if i have to buy updated software just to make it work correctly in the first place.

in that case i would bin it and buy a new unit for just a little more or even less than Navman would want for updated software and maps.

But i guess Navman wont take any notice of us once you have purchased one of their products,they seem not to care or bother with customer support or free updates etc.
They just want your cash.
rico2k_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone got any more info about possible updates? there are some huge map errors now around me (in perthshire / glasgow regions) which are needing sorted (massive roadworks, etc).. :D
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Still in the same boat, up river without paddle, or should I say latest software.
I have been running Autorout 2007 on a laptop for the last week, it has its limitations.
Connect ability cold or hot start excellent. Maps up to date, about 18 months to 2 years old, which is as new as it gets. Post code only down to 5 digits, the laptop works well as there are 2 of us travelling around with work. Nice to have a very big screen, no problem with reflection.
If Navman ever get this software out to the masses certainly mystifies me, they must have lost many a customer, with this delay. Don’t their marketing guys realize the lost potential of the Navman name as people migrate to other manufacturers, after being given false hope. Or is there any truth in the media hype that Navman IS on its way out.
Regards
DRP

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rico2k_uk wrote:
anyone got any more info about possible updates? there are some huge map errors now around me (in perthshire / glasgow regions) which are needing sorted (massive roadworks, etc).. :D

You can help sort those errors! Might take a time, but have a look at this thread HERE

Welcome to the forum

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: