Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trying to install maps onto 2210 SD card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to install maps onto 2210 SD card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chalkstorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Trying to install maps onto 2210 SD card Reply with quote

Hi there
Don't know if anyone can help. I am having some terrible problems trying to install TT2 maps onto my 2210 SD card. Doesn't matter if I try the install routine OR install maps to my hard drive then drag and drop, it just gets so far and then hangs! Crazy! I have installed pocket mechanic and run some SD card tests and they all appear OK - can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance
Simon
chalkstorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to reply to my own post - I have just done a full reset of the 2210 - and am reinstalling from scratch. I have left it installing for 5 minutes and the install meter thing that shows you progress just doesn't move - and when I try and explore the SD card from activesync, it just hangs the app. If I reset the 2210, I can see a couple of the files are on the SD card but very small....

S.
Exeriaa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tryed to install a few maps to my 128 MB SD card and there was no problems doing that.
I also have a IPaq 2210 with TomTom 2.05 (rolled back to 2.05 because of other problems)

I dont know what causing your installation to halt but I really think you should try switching to another card temporarly just to pin point the cause.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth formatting the card just in case. Use Softwinters Storage Tools available from our downloads link.
chalkstorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Tried the format thing and there was no problem. Still won't take the maps though..... weird or what.......
chalkstorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I dug out an old MMC card - not realising they are the same as the SD cards - and although only 64mb, I've managed to install some of the maps with ease! Needless to say, the 128Mb SD card is wrapped and ready to be returned and an order for a Kingston 256mb card placed...
Thanks all
Si

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: