Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Update from Navman concerning new maps & software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Update from Navman concerning new maps & software
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, perhaps if they had improved the basics - like GOOD, QUICK and EFFECTIVE customer support, things would be rosier for them. I have long given up contacting them for anything now. I'll keep my old 510 going until it falls apart and then probably move to another brand that doesn't take its customers for granted.
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
Well, perhaps if they had improved the basics - like GOOD, QUICK and EFFECTIVE customer support, things would be rosier for them. I have long given up contacting them for anything now. I'll keep my old 510 going until it falls apart and then probably move to another brand that doesn't take its customers for granted.

Simon1 things have been noted about problems contacting customer support and now you should get through first time.

Yes the company is up for sale but things are on the up for navman, there are a lot of improvements comming
tonka1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainDrift wrote:
Simon1 wrote:

Simon1 things have been noted about problems contacting customer support and now you should get through first time.

Yes the company is up for sale but things are on the up for navman, there are a lot of improvements comming

They may just be a bit to late........a pathetic organistion with no respect for it's customers........IMHO Sad Sad Sad
Graham-P
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonka1 wrote:
CaptainDrift wrote:
Simon1 wrote:

They may just be a bit to late........a pathetic organistion with no respect for it's customers........IMHO Sad Sad Sad

Trouble is about these forums is that we tend to use them to air our grievances - I think your comments are a bit harsh but perhaps your experiences may justify them. I have had my problems but I don't think that Navman per se is any worse or better than others. I have moved up to the N20 from the 510 and find the navigation very acceptable. When I had a problem with the first unit, Navman were very helpful and changed the unit without question. With the service that I have received in the past and currently, I will stay with them - the devil you know etc Wink

Anyway, Welcome to the forum.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed & Whoops! Logged on with the wrong name......
Graham
RobertV
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading through the various comments about the NAVMAN products and their support. Since buying my ICN550 and the TMC module at the beginning of 2006 I have sent them messages on several problems, especially those surrounding custom POIs. I have had exactly one response from them and that was quite recently to tell me that there would be no map or software updates to either the PC software or internal 550 software. At that time they had the nerve to offer me 30 percent off on the purchase of another NAVMAN product. In regards to the NAVMAN performance I must sadly say that my GARMIN Etrex actually out-performs the 550 consistently. I think that is a terrible indictment since the Etrex is really meant to be a handheld GPS for hiking but also supports road navigation as an extra. I will likely make the NAVMAN a fancy doorstop and buy another GARMAN ptoduct though I have been looking at the TALEX units with Navigon maps and software. Just thought that I would add my two cents worth.
darrenwright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am sick of Navman or should it be sadman support, they are utter crap & quickly discontinue support for their products & then charge us i lot of money for updates for software & maps, i think i will sell my ICN520 very very soon & buy a tomtom instead
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think about carefully now before buying Navman products- I just finished reading a NZ Herald article a mate sent me. It looks like the competition is getting too hot for them.
Apparently Brunswick have just written the value of Navman down to $137Mil, writing off $100Million in one stroke of a pen. With the current competition and discounting going on the market, it's not worth as much as they thought (For those that don't know they have been trying to sell Navman for the better part of this year).

I am not surprised - have a look the price of a Sony PSP, and what you get for you money, then have a look at Sat Nav systems. There is no doubt in my mind the PSP is a couple of generations ahead in technology for less. All we really need is the next gen PSP to have a GPS, and Navman, TT, and all the others are history.

Looking on the bright side - cheaper Satnavs all round, maybe even fire sales if we are lucky.......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: