Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installed TT6 and error "You did not select a usable vo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installed TT6 and error "You did not select a usable vo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tangfastics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Installed TT6 and error "You did not select a usable vo Reply with quote

Installed TT6 no problems, works a treat, however the voices are greyed out, and the files seems to be there. I cannot activate the sound, and I will be using TT6 with no voice, which is pants.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, as have no idea what to look for...

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock the PDA to the PC and Active Sync should start, TomTom home should then start on the PC insert the supplied DVD and select "TomTom CD , click the "Install to TomTom" option on the left of the screen, a list of voices to install should be visible under the maps list select the ones you want to install and click the large "Install" button at the top of the middle section this will load the selected voices to your device - Mike
tangfastics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried that, and that works no problem, but still no voices. Checked and the voices are there. tried on my old pda works fine, its just this dell axim that it doesnt like
Rybren
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought... Check to see that your voices files are installed to the device in the following folder /Program Files/Navigator/Voices
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As suggested above, I had to move my voices and schemes to the \navigator\voices and \navigator\schemes directories. I had to create the schemes directory myself. It seems intineraries (.itn) are automatically moved and you can delete the Nav 5 \itn\ directory. You can also delete the Nav 5 \contacts navigation\ directory as Nav 6 accesses your Outlook Contacts differently.

You can move the entire \navigator\ directory from main memory to a storage card to free up device memory. Custom menus must still reside in main memory \tomtom\sdkregistry\ . They do not work for me when moved to the storage card but I'll try some more locations.
Browny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangfastics wrote:
tried that, and that works no problem, but still no voices. Checked and the voices are there. tried on my old pda works fine, its just this dell axim that it doesnt like

Having exactly the same problems with my Dell Axim
Browny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rybren wrote:
Just a thought... Check to see that your voices files are installed to the device in the following folder /Program Files/Navigator/Voices

Great advice Rybren, worked a treat

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: