Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smspeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent Sal :D

Steve
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
Your download was only a quarter of the whole program - no wonder it didn't work!
Let me know how you get on with the copy I have emailed to you.

Sal
smspeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal, the program you emailed to me works a treat and the Mio's all updated now. I tried downloading it again and still didn't get it all so don't know if it's my end or the site.Anyway,no matter you saved the day.Thanks again,

Steve.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I'm glad it's working for you Steve.
I don't know if there has been any problem with Rapidshare - I downloaded a copy from it this evening and it was OK.
Enjoy your Mio

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to update this thread with a summary for new readers. If anyone has used the Speedcamera Builder program for the Mio C210 (successfully or otherwise!) could you let me know please. Thanks!

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
I'm about to update this thread with a summary for new readers. If anyone has used the Speedcamera Builder program for the Mio C210 (successfully or otherwise!) could you let me know please. Thanks!

Sal

Hi Sal

Don't know about Mio C210, but it workerd a treat with my P550 running MioMap 3.2. Thanks following your latest instructions. :D
I didn't seem to have any luck with the reader (Speedcams_reader_201.exe) though. Crying or Very sad It just seemed to open up a DOS box which after a short delay pronounced 'Finished Press any key'
I had the speed camera database that I had just made (SpeedCams.mtc) in the same folder. I know the MTC is OK as it's 849k and works on my Mio.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? and where are you going to put the summary? 5 pages is a bit of a fag wading through 'till you get to the latest stuff, isn't it.

Regards
Trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:

I didn't seem to have any luck with the reader (Speedcams_reader_201.exe) though. Crying or Very sad It just seemed to open up a DOS box which after a short delay pronounced 'Finished Press any key'
Trevor

That's all there is to it!. If you look in that folder you will see a new file called "Speedcams.asc". That is a readout of all the speedcams in the .mtc file. They may be in a different order to the .asc file that you first imported, because the Builder program has to do that to match Mio's coding. You don't HAVE to use this of course, it's just a confidence check unless you are doing some advance work on creating your own files.

The new instruction sheet is nearly ready, I hope to post it in a day or so. Unfortunately I have a day job as well!

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal
Thanks for the reply.
I hadn't noticed the .ASC file, but of course it's there OK with all the cams in it.
I don't like doing things that aparently don't do things.

Trevor
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about the day job.

Trevor
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: MioMap 3.2 Camera direction Reply with quote

I have today been experimenting with the speed camera setting on my Mio, not without problems.
Firstly: Set to 'approaching' works fine if I excede the camera trap speed (on approach only).

If I put in a camera direction other than 'all round' in Miomap, it refuses to alarm for the camera whichever direction I approach it from. Has anyone else had this problem, or am I doing something silly (again)?
If this is the case, then it seems that putting in the camera direction would not be a good idea, as presumably it can't be ignored without modifying the camera database to remove them.

Further to this, when the Visible Warning is set to 'Detailed' the 'trap' speed on the camera icon seems to be in Km/hr not MPH eg, displays 48 for a limit of 30MPH.

Anyone got any thoughts on the above points?

Trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:

The new instruction sheet is nearly ready, I hope to post it in a day or so. Unfortunately I have a day job as well!
Sal

Update: I'm holding back the new instruction sheet for the moment because there is now a real possibility that we may have some camera direction data. That may mean further changes.

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: MioMap 3.2 Camera direction Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:

If I put in a camera direction other than 'all round' in Miomap, it refuses to alarm for the camera whichever direction I approach it from.

This isn't my experience. Suggest you experiment a little more.

M8TJT wrote:

Further to this, when the Visible Warning is set to 'Detailed' the 'trap' speed on the camera icon seems to be in Km/hr not MPH eg, displays 48 for a limit of 30MPH.
Trevor

If you have a browse back in the forum you will find this discussed

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal.

If I put in a camera direction other than 'all round' in Miomap, it refuses to alarm for the camera whichever direction I approach it from.

This isn't my experience. Suggest you experiment a little more

OK I'll experiment some more on the direction front.

Trevor

If you have a browse back in the forum you will find this discuss

I can't find anything about the metric speed problem Sad . Can you please give me a better clue as to where it is? Embarassed

Trevor
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the speed warning problem still there in 3.2? I've switched speed warnings off as they are invariably incorrect. Guess I could check this myself but I don't use the Mio for most local journeys.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is about the marked speeds on the cameras, rather than the over-speed warnings. If so it's a known problem mentioned in these threads:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=48934&highlight=cameras+km

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46976&highlight=cameras+km

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43864&highlight=cameras+km

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44501&highlight=cameras+km

The last one also mentions your direction problem. I suspect what is happening is that the camera editing bug prevents your direction setting from properly aligning with the road. If you have a camera whose direction you want to set properly, instead of using the Mio edit facility find the particular camera in the .ASC list (by searching on its's lat/long), add the direction data to that record and re-build the .mtc file. You will find the instructions to do this in page 4 of this thread.

Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: