Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Databse Download Problem?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Databse Download Problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peecee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Databse Download Problem? Reply with quote

Hi, I've scanned over the topic titles, so if I missed this topic already I apologise.

I ama paid up subscriber, and have had no problems in the past updating my database, however Yesterday and tonight I ahve tried to download the latest version, as I have not done so for over a month as I have been moving house and not required the use of my GPS, but now I do need it and for some reason I can get right through the process to actually click the SAVE AS button at which point it then instructs me the page ca not be opened etc..

So in effect I can not get the latest database.

Is there any back up link I can try or if anyone has the latest version, is it possible to email it between subscribed users?

Also I best go check my subscription details as I have moved ISP's too and not had any update emails through.. maybe this is related to the issue??

Thanks in advance.

Phil.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have moved ISP's too and not had any update emails through.. maybe this is related to the issue??

I think you'll find this to be the problem - so it seemed with someone else according to a recent reply from a Moderator. You'll probably hear from one of them soon.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably worth a PM or email to one of the PGPSW admin (not moderators).
peecee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Still no luck, even after the new database of 20th nov.

Although I moved ISP, I checked my email stats and it goes to a Gmail account which I still get other mail to, so unsure why it has stopped.

I have also cleared cookies and anything else I can think of that could cause a problem, but still get the same generic error box.

Basically stating the site is not available etc..

Tried 3 different browsers, tried using a direct download as well as DAP, still the same. Tried saving file, opening etc.. no luck.

My sub must be ok as I still have my login and can access all the subscriber areas, so it's a wierd one.

Only oyther thing I can think of is to try a completely diff PC and xfer the file via CD onto this one.

I'll find an Admin's post and send a PM directing them to this post, and see where it get's me Smile
peecee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, treble checked cookies, and definately ok there.

Here is a quick screenie of the error box.

Note how it says the site is unavailable etc.. first time I have ever got this error for any site.. Also this appears to be the only error I have had surfing my regular sites, so it's only effecting the Database download, nothing else at all, anywhere!

MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi peecee

can you let me know the database format etc that you were trying to download? i can email it to you while we try to sort out the issues here.

do you have any firewall/virus/pop-up software running that may be affecting it? also, have you tried a 'hard refresh'? (hold down CTRL and hit F5)

thanks
MaFt
peecee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the CTRL-F5,, no difference.

Not running anything different AV/etc from previous successful downloads in the past, I also tried it with them all turned off just in case.

The only other thing to have changed on my system is the Router/Hub.

However, this was a straight swap over and everything else is 100%, forums, downloads, uploads etc.. the only thing affected to date is the camera db download.

Anyway moving on for now...

The database I require is the Navman - UK Consolidated.

The email addy on my profile or site account is ok. the Gmail one.

Th eonly thing I can think of is that it might be at the ISP end, maybe they block specific URLs for some covert pro-authority reason.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: