Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Patch due
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Patch due
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccarmock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: New Patch due Reply with quote

I just logged an email question with ALK about 6.0.1.68 and Text to Speech. In version 5 the system always read out a street name if it existed, but in version 6 it only says a street name if no road number is present.

Their response was to say a patch is due int he next few weeks whcih will resolve some of the TTS differences between Co Pilot 5 and 6.
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: New Patch due Reply with quote

ccarmock wrote:
I just logged an email question with ALK about 6.0.1.68 and Text to Speech. In version 5 the system always read out a street name if it existed, but in version 6 it only says a street name if no road number is present.

Their response was to say a patch is due int he next few weeks whcih will resolve some of the TTS differences between Co Pilot 5 and 6.

That would be fantastic, especially since the last patch I have given up trying to get TTS to work!!

Although, I feel, we are getting dangerously close to when CP7 is due!

Matt
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past experience suggests that a new patch at this time of year is a costed upgrade Sad so I for one is expecting CP7 very soon.
tyro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new version -Version: 6.0.4.110- announced on http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=356&p_created=1146559029
but no information on what it does.
Will anyone take the plunge and see?
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you Tyro! Confused
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now running version 6.0.4.110

There is a new icon on the Select Stop screen named Recent Stops
This initially contains all the old favourites and the Favourites list is empty.
I selected Home & Work from this list and they moved back into favourites.

Both Favourites & Recent Stops can be edited from Settings.

The motorway colour has reverted back to yellow/red so I'll have to edit the styles files (again). Crying or Very sad

The yellow box looks different - I'll test it in the morning, although I won't be breaking the speed limit Wink

Just one point during the update: -
I couldn't find CPPPC6 under windows so I didn't delete it.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more point after the update - no satellites...

Go to Menu, Options, GPS and run Setup GPS.

I've now got Blue motorways again Smile
ccarmock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also upgraded but as has already been mentioend couldn't find the file CPPPC6 as detailed int he instructions.

Also for a time the activation web site was down, but they seem to have fixed that now.

I too foudn I had to redefine the GPS setup.

Also TTS sounded very odd - but I found switching to TTS Australia saving and closing and then going back in and changing to UK TTS brought back the usual voice.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to wonder what is happening to all the CoPilot users on this forum. Never have I seen so little said about the latest patch! Does anyone else use CoPilot anymore, or have the CoPilot forum members left, moved to other systems, or simply don’t care anymore?

Anyway, whatever the reasons, I am detailing my initial reactions to the latest patch.

Changes in latest Patch:

Finally, there is a distinction between true favourites and simply recent destinations. An additional button (Recent Stops) has been added to the Settings screen to reflect this change.

The safety alerts button on the Settings screen was not displayed until the safety cameras were actually loaded.

Routing Options screen:
New..., Edit..., and Delete buttons are slightly smaller so that they now fit on one line.
'Avoid Propane-Restricted Tunnel added in last update has been removed.

POI Alerts:
A message timeout option has been added (5, 15, 30, 60 seconds, 2, 5 minutes). However, I haven't done any checking at all in this area. Some may remember that the displayed message could be corrupted in previous releases.

Language and speech:
Drop-down box for keyboard selection has been replaced with a simple box to select (or de-select) the CoPilot Keyboard as required. Interestingly, it no longer attaches itself to the OS, so cannot be selected from within other applications. This has removed all the associated problems that caused.

Favourites:
There is now the option to add a favourite directly via a new 'Add Favorite' button (yes we do have a spelling inconsistency on the same screen!) which takes you to a new screen where you can select from 3 options: Address, POI, or Recent.

The problem with the routing profiles not returning to default has not been fixed.

Previously, I could not get TTS when I had the safety cameras loaded (24 files). Even though set to Roger, it was Jane who spoke. This has been corrected. However, I only saw this problem when I upgraded to 2003SE, it did not happen with 2003.

As yet, the 'Determining new route' at the beginning of a trip problem, where it just seemed to hang on it doing nothing until I got it to calculate a detour, which it was happy to do, then simply cancel the detour to get the original route, does not appear to be happening quite so often.

It is still early days, so I haven't been able to do any thorough testing, so please bear this in mind when making comments, but my initial feelings are that it is an improvement, with (so far!) nothing jumping out as broken by this release; but quite honestly, I would have expected far more after such a long wait.

As many forum members are aware, I am a (the?) fan of CoPilot software, believing that it has so much to recommend it (if it worked properly), but even someone like me is seriously considering a move to an alternative – it is simply taking too long for fixes to be released. I believe that the majority of users would be far happier with smaller, but more frequent updates, rather than the ‘major’ updates which we seem to be getting. What’s more, information about what each update fixes (or does not), and any major new processing (such as the favourites/recent destinations in the latest release) is inadequately documented. We still have a User Manual which seems to represent what was probably a beta version of the software, containing much which bears little or no resemblance to the released software.
editpo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: new patch Reply with quote

I'm here!
had a nightmare installing patch as it wouyldnt recognise my product key on reactivation. After numerous conversations with support they told me to do a hard reset and start again from scratch. Ok so this worked but a complete waste of time.
It has now crashed on trying to run the demo with your speed cameras installed - out of memory.

ummm...
editpo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: safety cams Reply with quote

as far as i can tell we no longer have icons for safety cameras whatever system you use..
Can anyone else confirm?
Bohica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I'm probably one of the origional "Few" who's still using CP6.....although after installing the latest patch (the WM5) one,I'm starting to lose the will to live......... Crying or Very sad

Having finally managed to update my HX4700,yes I've got TTS,all the new bits et al..............but the SafetyCamera warning screen's not working,nada,nothing...........

Coming up to a "Safety" Camera the screen will show the location with Icon,but no little yellow box.........Over to you ALK.

A couple of other things,why can't ALK release a patch that does not require all the usual messing about?,and also one that actually works correctly.........

And finally,anyone know of a good place for any of the Sony Nav unit's?,
Been waiting 4 years for ALK to get their act together with traffic notification,yet a newcomer to the market manages to bring it in from day one.........
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems as if I was the one who had an easy time of the upgrade. When checking in 'demo mode' (I haven't had chance to do a proper run) I got all the yelow warning boxes although the 'Curent speed' still in black though when it should be red, and the 'camera speed' is still missing. I semi-solve this error by using the speed zoned files, so (providing the map is being displayed at a suitable scale) the speed limit is shown by the icon on the map.

So editpo, it would appear that some people are getting the camera icons. You did delete all the ao* files in the \storage card\CoPilot\Save directory before you re-loaded the (re-named to safetycamera... etc) files didn't you?

Another thing I forgot to mention in my last tome was that the tts voice has a tendancy to break up quite a bit on my PPC.
ColinG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Copilot 6 Reply with quote

Hi,

I still have V6 on my Ipaq but use it only as a backup of last resort if I've lent my son my Nuvi 360. To be honest Version 6 was such a big disappointment from V4 - too flaky and so many software errors and ommissions - I got *issed off. ALK just don't seem to bother with quick updates to correct their own shortcomings.
Compare that to Garmin who are updating easy peasy all the time and you can perhaps understand why folk have moved over to better products and firms who provide continued support to their customers.
I didn't realise there was a new update so I'll install and see if it works any better, but again , Garmin auto notify you by email of updates, why can't ALK?
Sorry I'll stick with my Garmin Nuvi 360 - it'a a delight to use.

Colin
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded Ok also with no CPPP6 file. I notice now I no longer get warnings spoken at 500yd even though the option is ticked together with "Just Ahead." which works ok. I seem to remember this being a problem on one of the earlier releases. Anyone else have the same issue?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: