Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GR-230 without passkey
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GR-230 without passkey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddlegod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: GR-230 without passkey Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just received my grey import GR-230 from dconnex.com, via ebay. Complete bargain! Anyway, when connecting via BT to an iPaq 1940, I'm not prompted for a passkey. Has anybody else spotted this?

In use it's great. I avoided a nasty traffic jam today because I was running Memory Map Navigator and could spot a country lane that took me past the jam.

Tom
wildkow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom

Yes indeed I noticed this. At least you have yours working as far as I can tell all I did was change the baud from the default 4800 to 9600 per factory specs. Now I can connect sometimes with bluetooth and get the date and time with GPS Viewer but that is all, no positional data. You may want to try setting the PDA and GPS together as "Paired devices" it will request a pass code then. BTW the Dell AXIM was used as an example in the factory instructions I don't know it that causes the bypass of the passcode or not, I am a bit of a n00b. My system is the iPAQ 4155 with Pocket PC 2003.

Wildkow
CA, USA
Paddlegod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: First start from factory Reply with quote

I found that when I first started up after unpacking, it took a very long time to get its first fix. I thought it wasn't working. Its important that you charge up the battery and leave it with a clear view of the sky and then you should be able to get a fix. If the date and time is being received correctly, then the GPS and BT are working, it just needs a while to download the almanac and empheramis data before being able to lock on.

Tom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: