Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner’s Guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aulus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner’s guide to the PocketGPSWorld camera database Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Introduction

Which SatNav packages can use the camera database?

You can now use the PGPSW camera database on the current versions of NavMan, CoPilot, and Destinator products. Most, if not all, non-TomTom products use the .CSV version of the database.

Makeup of the camera database files

Each category or subcategory of the PGPSW camera database is an independent POI (Point of Interest) and may be made up of two files:

1. The actual database (compulsory for all packages):
.OV2 for TomTom, .CSV or .XLS for non-TomTom

2. The icon (.BMP) to show the camera location on the screen.
Needed for TomTom, other packages may not require it.

If you wanted to load the PGPSW camera database of UK fixed cameras in a 30 mph speed limit, then you would need the following files:

For ALK CoPilot SatNav packages
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.xls

Just thought I'd point out that CoPilot 6 now uses .ov2 files, which makes updating massively easier.

It means, though, that maybe Privateers original message (bits quoted above) and instructions elsewhere on the site should be re-written when time allows.

For some reason the various pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.bmp etc files don't work, but show up as blank squares.

It'd be really cool if that could be fixed sometime :D
bucky1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l downloaded speed cam on my navman icn 520, its doesn,t let me know when am aproaching them just makes little noise when l pass, please help june x
9as
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: tom tom one europe Reply with quote

I have just bought a tomtom one europe.
which speed cameras do i use
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: tom tom one europe Reply with quote

9as wrote:
I have just bought a tomtom one europe.
which speed cameras do i use
Use the TomTom Files. All Devices use the same Format.

You can use either TomTom OV2 (for copying Manually with Explorer) or the TomTom Beta (for loading with HOME).

Please read the relevant Help Files first. This Page.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Grebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I keep reading about the free Pocket GPS world speed camera POI files and I think that I understand what what i have to do once I have the files but I can't for the life of me find and download them.

Is it not free anymore? Do I have to be a subscribed member? Am I being blind?

Cheers

Grebby
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not available to everyone, only those who subscribe.

I could tell you to read THIS, but I see you are already there.;)

Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any link that provides an installation guide for 'GPS Speed Cameras' onto a Sony U50 with POI Warner already installed.
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi looks like I have fallen foul of Paypal ( I hate paypal grrrr )

Ok I signed up and then I wanted to pay for the £2. update only before i do the £19 one I just want to know it all works

Any way I went to pay for it and it was paypal GRRRR!!!! ok so I press I don't have an account and it picked up on my email address and said you have an account please use it.. Well two things one
I want to pay for it and use it now. the note saying if you use paypal it can take up to 8 days to clear so I thought I just want to pay for it now and down load it now!

So I put in an old company email adress thinking all would be fine...

and it all worked I got a Receipt ID **** **** **94-7017

Any way I logged into my email account for my company and OH!!!!! we don't have a sales@makin****** set up ARRRRRR ( I told you I HATE with VERY good reason paypal..... they made £128 disapear from my account and I have NEVER had it back I even when I was on biz In San Jose in Ca went in and STILL the CROOKS will not give it back.. I got it sorted in the end 6 months later with Barclay card and the fact that my best mate in Ca lives over the road from one of there Directors and I was standing next to him at his BBQ and I gave him sh** it was sorted in 48hrs!! I had the paper work with me.. nice to know it can work every now and then so in the process of this Paypal Theft they suppended my account and I have no reason EVER to use it again so hence they picked up my CC and my Email address hence why I am in this mess can the gods that run the site help me here I knew super hyway stuff was going to be over my head I hate being Cr** at computers , they always pick on me Sad

Laughing

Mods the email address I used to join is the email I want the software I bought sent to cheers Crying or Very sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

912uk wrote:

Mods the email address I used to join is the email I want the software I bought sent to cheers Crying or Very sad

No-one gets software "sent to them". Once your subscription has cleared, then you should be able to access the download page on THIS PAGE. There you will be able to pick which version of the database (it's not 'software' by the way) is best for your particular satnav and your preference.

Also, if you have problems with your subscription, the mods can't help, they just look after the forum. You'd need to talk to the PocketGPSWorld admin team.

Hope this helps...
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy I will try and find them on here. Trouble is there is so much info I am getting lost already..

I had a mate round tonight and we spent 1 hr trying to work out how to do this on my new tom tom 1 and already we are totaly confused Sad

The trouble is the instructions for a newbie are not that simple because as you follow it step by step it keeps jumping eg

one min we are talking about tomtom1 then the next stage it's navigator then 500 & 700 models unless you have a 900 model then you do this ARRRRR!!!!!! Confused we're lost Sad

I am sure it's faily easy when you know how but heck I am temped to just buy it from the TOMTOM site as it's direct off them and must be more easy to get on the thing.

If and when I work this out and have it running I would be more than happy to do a write up for total newbie users of TOMTOM one ( new )

I am going to bed ,deflated, rejected and total confussed of all the wbe pages of down load this and this and this Stop it!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't panic, it really IS easy, if you are confident with copying and pasting files from one place to another on your PC, you can do this. Just read through these two guides slowly, and follow them step by step.

Beginners' guide to the camera database versions

Installing on the Go range

If you want an easy start, try the single file version of the database. That is the quickest and easiest to install (because there is only one POI to set up). The disadvantage is that it won't differentiate between types and speeds of the cameras (so you will get a lot of alerts for mobile sites that probably won't have anyone there.
But once you have installed that one successfully, you can delete it and then try the full set of speed-zoned files, which most people use. Exactly the same method, just more files to copy and then more POIs to switch on in the Go.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

912uk wrote:
Thanks Andy I will try and find them on here. Trouble is there is so much info I am getting lost already..
The Admin details can be found on the Contact Pocket GPS Page.

912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy I think I might have another go.. Still have the issue with admin and getting my correct email for the down load I paid for..

Ok I printed off all the pages last night with my mate and when he went I reread them all and made some notes for questions..

I will when it all works right an Idiot guide for the new tomtom 1 for you guys.

My stupid questions.. but I am sure are very easy for you guys as you know what your doing..

1 I have a tomtom one ( European new model eg green box bought last weekend ) So is this in the how to do instructions called a Tomtom GO?? eg are all Tomtom's a " Go " model? Reason for this is the instructions jump around from one model to the other. abit confussing.

2 With my tomtom 1 I take it I have to save any files as .OV2's?

3 is it esensal I have to have the AC adapter on when down loading it?

4 The Sub categories which one I think from what I understand and looking on the map I need the one with every thing so is this the 3rd catagorgy for me EG every thing??

5 I down loaded a OV2 programm and for my tomtom 1 I had two files to down load one was a sideways program or something..? is this right I use both of them?

6 and in plain english I connect my tomtom 1 to the computer and the tomtom home page comes up for my unit and I can't see where I need to down load these files on to it.. so I think I am doing something wrong I have backed up my orginal tomtom ( I think )

Stop it!
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
912uk wrote:
The Admin details can be found on the Contact Pocket GPS Page.

Cheers I have had alook on there and I want to make sure I send it to the right person and I can't seam to find the right person for the sale of the software any idea who is best to email?
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK break though I have connected up my tomtom 1 again this morning and I do have the Tomtom screen / software up which I think was confusing me.. but I also had up the thing you get when ever you put in new hardware, so I opted to look at the files and folders and I think I am now seeing the files on my tomtom 1 ( the unit it's self )

So as I have down loaded the files from PGPSworld site is it as simple as draging and dropping in to the tomtom 1 file directory?

( please let it be that easy please please pretty please Stop it! )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 18 of 33

Jump to: