Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTC Builder now does camera directions

The latest version of the program is now available here:
http://www.box.net/public/2feqnsqios
Operating instructions are as before, except that now if you have camera direction information it will be used to create an appropriate direction symbol in your Mio, with the audio warnings adjusted so that you are not alerted when on the opposite carriageway to a camera.
The direction data has to be added to end of the line in the pocketgps_uk_sc.asc file for each camera, in the form: ,C,D
where C is the compass bearing in degrees of travel past the camera, and D is 1 for one-way or 2 for two-way.

As an example, there is a camera on the westbound carriageway of the A2 leading into London which has an entry in the file of:
0.07***,51.45***,"GATSO:468@50"
To change the Mio's indication of this camera from omni-directional to one-way, we add the direction data to make this record:
0.07***,51.45***,"GATSO:468@50",250,1

You don't have to add anything to the file for cameras where you don't have direction information. The program will just leave those as multi-directional (the 4-way arrow on the display)

Where does the direction data come from?
Well there are two answers to this. You can add it yourself for cameras that you know of; or perhaps those nice people at PGPSW can be persuaded to include the data for the growing number of cameras where they have recorded it. We can then report in the usual way when we find directional cameras that are not yet properly shown.

Sal
P.S. This is the only change from the previous version of MTC Builder, so if you aren't interested in playing with the direction data you don't need to download it. Also it still only works for the UK. But I'm working in that...
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two new programs

I have uploaded new versions of both the Builder program (to create a Speedcams file for the Mio C210/510/710 units), and the Reader program (to create a text file camera list from the Speedcams file)

The Builder program can now correctly import cameras from across Europe as well as for the UK. It still reads the single file "pocketgps_uk_sc.asc", but if you wish to include cameras for other countries these can be added to the UK file using a text editor. Naturally they must be in the same format. You can also use camera direction data as described in my previous post.

The Reader program still reads the "speedcams.mtc" file to create a text file list of the cameras in it, but it now also shows the bearings of one-way and two-way cameras in degrees from true north.

Other than the changes noted above, the programs still operate as described in previous posts.

I have changed the names of the programs because it seems that they were not sufficiently descriptive for people who are unfamiliar with the devices' internal file names.

You can find the new Speedcams Builder program at:
http://rapidshare.com/files/768191/Speedcams_builder_201.exe
and the new Speedcams Reader program at:
http://rapidshare.com/files/768220/Speedcams_reader_201.exe

If you find any problems or bugs in these new programs, please post them here or send me a PM.

Sal
links to new files at bottom of first post alix776
stevenh1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal

Thanks for the files, should both the files created be loaded onto the Mio device?

Thanks

Steven
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want to create a speedcams file from the PGPSW database, you only need to use one program, the speedcam builder. This will create a file "speedcams.mtc" and this is the file you copy to the device.
The other program is an option if you want to check what is in your speedcams.mtc file or perhaps you might have got another .mtc file from somewhere else. Most people will not need it.

Don't forget that once you have created your own speedcams file you must not use the MioSync program, because it will send the database to them. This will break the terms of your licence with PGPSW.

Sal
stevenh1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i will only load the speedcams.mtc file then, will this be able to alert only in the direction i am travelling or should i edit this manually?

I have deleted MioSync from my laptop altogether, have only used Mio to update to version 3.2, which works great for me btw.

Steven
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenh1983 wrote:
Ok i will only load the speedcams.mtc file then, will this be able to alert only in the direction i am travelling or should i edit this manually?
Steven

Unfortunately the PGPSW database doesn't yet have direction information, although it is being collected. The Mio units are the only ones to allow for direction at the moment, but other makes are sure to follow. Hopefully the people responsible for the database will start to include the direction information before too long: we are ready for it.

Sal
smspeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,i'm trying to update the camera files on my wifes mio 510.i have followed the instructions, but the builder program opens what looks like a Dos window and just sits there with a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner so i can't get an mtc file.Any ideas?

Steve
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smspeedy.

You need to have the PGPSW unzipped file in the same folder as the camera builder, then all will be OK.

CeeJay.
smspeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Ceejay,but i have the .asc file from the download in the same folder,but it still dos'ent work.How long does the process take? Maybe i'm not waiting long enough.

Steve
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smspeedy wrote:
Thanks for the reply Ceejay,but i have the .asc file from the download in the same folder,but it still dos'ent work.How long does the process take? Maybe i'm not waiting long enough.
Steve

Hello Steve. It only takes a second or two and then gives you a message to say it's finished. Is the file that you have dowonloaded and unzipped called pocketgps_uk_sc.asc? If so, what it is size? It should be 391kb. Try downloading it again.

Sal
smspeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal,your up bright n early Laughing Out Loud,yes that is the file i have downloaded but it says it is 383kb.I've downloaded it a few times with the same result.

Steve
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smspeedy wrote:
Hi Sal,your up bright n early Laughing Out Loud,yes that is the file i have downloaded but it says it is 383kb.I've downloaded it a few times with the same result.
Steve

If you were looking at it with Windows Explorers, yes that will say 383kb. This is a bit strange - it's been used by quite a few people now and always works.
Try these tests -
1. Download a fresh copy of Speedcams_builder_201.exe and try again.
2. If that doesn't work, remove the .ASC file and run the program, tell me if you get an error message and if so what it says.

Sal
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall that I had the same problem initially with this program. You have to download the program from the Rapidshare web page. I tried right clicking the program URL from this forum and downloading that way. It seems to work but the program won't run properly so do make sure that you double click the program URL that Sal has supplied and go through the FREE download procedure on the Rapidshare webpage.
smspeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal,i downloaded a fresh copy of the builder,still not working.If i run it without the .asc file in the folder i get the same result, ie empty black window with a flashing cursor top left. I tried to download an earlier version of the builder but think you must have deleted it.If it runs for everyone else maybe something goes wrong with the download my end.

Anyway,thanks for trying.

Steve
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I'd like to find out why this isn't working. Look for a private message.

Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: