Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6/7 Digit postcode search not working after 3.2 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6/7 Digit postcode search not working after 3.2 upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APMorton wrote:

Incidently CeeJay, where did you go on the mio site to get the file from, i can't seem to find it.

Hi there APMorton

I just ran the v3.2 updater programme again, as when I first installed the map from the link given by buslouch the Mio complained of the current map being out of date and it suggested visiting the Mio site for the update.
So that's what I did.

CeeJay
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Just did the update earlier this evening, and this is starting to really confuse things....

It seems to have downloaded GreatBritain.fbl, however displays in the menu "United Kingdom 2006.01+", and to top it off all the 6/7 digit postcodes seem to work ok...

Go figure... doesnt seem to make any sense to me Smile

Paul
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toibs wrote:

It seems to have downloaded GreatBritain.fbl, however displays in the menu "United Kingdom 2006.01+", and to top it off all the 6/7 digit postcodes seem to work ok...
Paul

From all the tests I have done, the unit only seems to recognise one GB map even if you have two versions loaded, although how it chooses which one to use is anyone's guess. I've only got 7ppc installed and it gives me the full postcodes.
Ignore the mapID shown in the info display - it's meaningless. You can tell which file you actually have by checking the file sizes I posted earlier. If your file manager shows a different size to any of these, divide the indicated size by 1.024

Sal
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rronaldson wrote:
MioC210user wrote:
I've put in the full 7 digit postcodes for home and work and both give the correct location.

The 7 digit postcode for one of our suppliers also gives the correct location - try WA7 4UJ and see if you get a street name.

You are right it does work !! I don't get a street name but I do get a map location. I notice though that some post codes do not work. Perhaps they are not valid ones.

I am a little confused. After reading the threads it would seem that all the MIO devices react differently after entering postcodes.
I just want to confirm if I am entering the postcodes correctly as I do not get the oppotunity to enter the door number as it only gives you the road displayed on the screen.

Dee
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:
I am a little confused. After reading the threads it would seem that all the MIO devices react differently after entering postcodes.
I just want to confirm if I am entering the postcodes correctly as I do not get the oppotunity to enter the door number as it only gives you the road displayed on the screen.

Dee

Hi Dee,

I think we are all a bit confused especially with the 3.2 update which may or may not have stabilised things. I enter postcodes by going to Menu/Address/Other Cities and then putting in the post code including the space. It doesn't give an option for door number but just gives the road location on the map.
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rronaldson wrote:
DeeJay01 wrote:

Dee

Hi Dee,

I think we are all a bit confused especially with the 3.2 update which may or may not have stabilised things. I enter postcodes by going to Menu/Address/Other Cities and then putting in the post code including the space. It doesn't give an option for door number but just gives the road location on the map.

rronaldson
Thats completed what I thought it did which I think is rubbish but hey at least it finds the road, you'll have to remember the door number.
Bigtarby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:
rronaldson wrote:
DeeJay01 wrote:

Dee

Hi Dee,

rronaldson
Thats completed what I thought it did which I think is rubbish but hey at least it finds the road, you'll have to remember the door number.
Bigtarby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download 3.2 on your mio c210 to a sd card in the device all updates are downloaded to the card and the device and then take out the sd card reload the 3.1 gb map only from dvd that came with device do not reinstall software you will have erase map before reinstalling put the sd card back in and use the updater again it should say no updates avaliable. Disconnect take the sd card out rerun updater and it will want to update uk maps don't update, put sd card back in and the 7 digit post code should work 3.2 is on the device and the map upgrade is on the sd card don't ask how or why but it works for me.
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

since upgrading my 510 to V3.2, i have had four attempts to try to get the updated UK map (with 7 digit postcodes) without success. Each time i end up with the GreatBritain.fbl version at 85,106kb with only 3 digit postcode search. To download this via the update tool and to then delete it and to bluetooth the original back from the dvd wastes a couple of hours each time. I have also tried the link supplied by Buslouch a while back and found this to be an out of date version that throws up a gravestone with R.I.P. next to the map version. Does anyone know if you can download the updated UK map without going through the MIO update tool process?

Cheers
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full-postcode version is still available at:
http://www.mio-tech.be/updates/miomap/maps/greatbritain7ppc.fbl
I suggest that you download a copy directly with your web browser. Then copy it across to your Mio using the Mio Transfer Hack. It's far quicker than Bluetooth which is now redundant for file copying purposes.

Sal
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sal,

but this link looks the same as the one i mention above as originally posted by Buslouch. When i downloaded this map i got an out of date version with a gravestone next to it and my unit get moaning to visit the MIO site. Do you know if this link now leads to the latest version map? I am sure other people also had the same problem with this out of date map. Thanks for the bit about the transfer hack, i must have missed this whilst being engrossed in the TMC debate.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is certainly the correct map. It is possible that you have a conflict with your Miomap program. What version are you using?

Sal
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal,

i have been using V3.2 since the upgrade appeared. Everything else seems to work ok, software mods and other map updates, apart from the Greatbritain map. As i stated earlier, if i try to update via the MIO site it downloads the 85mb fbl map that only caters for 3 digit postcode searches. This is why i revert back to the map off the dvd.

Regards
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just downloaded a fresh copy from that link.
It shows as 93,845 using Windows Explorer and 91.65 in Mio Transfer Hack.
Suggest you get another copy.

Sal
Ultrax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal,

tried out the transfer hack tool last night and i wont be bothering with the bluetooth anymore. I downloaded the 7ppc map and copied it onto my 510, took about 2 minutes, and exactly the same result as before. As soon as Miomap started, the unit moaned about out of date maps and to visit the update site. The Great Britain map shows as version 7ppc with no date and again the gravestone with R.I.P. next to it. I notice Ceejay had the same problem and just went on the MIO site and ran the update again which seemed to correct the problem or maybe just update this 7ppc map to the latest version?. My internet is down at the moment at home, so i will try the MIO update site again later this week.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: