Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6/7 Digit postcode search not working after 3.2 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6/7 Digit postcode search not working after 3.2 upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buslouch - thank you for the location of the file! I would suggest that anyone who doesn't have the file yet downloads it directly while it's available.

gpsbear- yes you have the right file, and your size matches. I gave the file sizes from Windows Explorer in Win XP, but different programs measure the file size in different ways. Your 96096946 / 1024 = 93845.

Sal
APMorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal, I've had a chance to look at the maps via blue tooth and i have the following:
BaseMap 4,438
GreatBritain 93,603
Ireland 2,066
WestEUMajor 31,912

I'm currently downloading the Greatbritain7pcc.fbl, i'll post how it goes after install.
[/quote]
Swordsmaker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Updated map is officially back ?? Reply with quote

Hi
I just spent half an hour following the instructions in this thread to upload the latest greatbritain7ppc.fbl to my device.
Suddenly it started to complain that I had obsolete maps!
Initially I thought that it was due to the method I used, or that I managed to have duplicate greatbritain maps.

Then- just by curiosity I started the Map updater program again.

Suddenly it wanted to download and upgrade not only my greatbritainmap to the greatbritain7ppc.fbl !! But it also is updating the miomap V3.2 software.

Anyone want to check your exact version and file size of your V3.2 main application. I will tell you what I got shortly. As soon as the download completes. (Could it be that Mio is providing a little bug fix? )

Anyone else with V3.2 upgrade who cares to rerun the updater?
Swordsmaker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Results from update Reply with quote

So
Download and upload complete.
first of all, no need to check any 3.2 software updates. The only thing that has a file date on the Mio different from my original update is the igo.db

I suppose that the update just changed that.

My greatbritain7ppc.fbl file sizes are:

Before starting all this it was 85 106 KB
Following instructions on this page it became 93 845 KB
After officiall update it is still 93 845 kB

The only thing I appear to have achieved is the updated greatbritain map and that it no longer complains about old maps

Hope I did not confuse anyone by my experiment.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I have downloaded the new file onto my pc, greatbritain7ppc.fbl, how do I go about getting this onto my C510E now please. I have read through the thread and cant find any instructions apart from sal`s andora fix.

I`m getting a bit fed up of all this actually, we shouldnt be having all this hazzle to update our devices.

Thanks....Dil
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to copy it to the folder \miomap\maps in your C510. You can either do it using bluetooth, or the Mio Transfer hack posted here a couple of days ago.
You have to exit miomap on your 510 first

Sal
Swordsmaker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Access tip Reply with quote

I used
Mio Transfer Hack.exe
you can download it from http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/Mio_Transfer_Hack.zip

Look in this thread on the topic "Mio C210 510 710 USB TRANSFER TOOL AND ACTIVE SYNC UNLOCK"

However that gave me the problem with "Old maps" as I described above

It might be possible to upgrade using the official way via the Mio updater.
Try and see what it says. If it claims all your files are up to date, just rename the file greatbritains.fbl on your Mio and rerun to see what happens.
Might just work
Confused
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick replies, I will have a go now , try bluetooth first.
I`m sitting next to the window anyway, might be an idea to shut it first.

Thanks...Dil
Swordsmaker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Lunch Reply with quote

If you use BT may I suggest you start uploading and then go for a long nice Saturday lunch! Should be ready as you come back.
8)
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
f you use BT may I suggest you start uploading and then go for a long nice Saturday lunch! Should be ready as you come back.

So I`ve noticed, lucky I have two pc`s so I can play on this one whilst the other one has gone into overdrive, 60 mins to go apparently Laughing

Bl**dy thing better work afterwards or I`ll be opening that window.

Dil.
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been on a trip to Bristol & back. Unit reset 7 times in total.....
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: 7 digit post-codes and the update Reply with quote

As my C210 came back from Mio in Brussegem with the V3.2 update and both GreatBritain and GreatBritain7ppc, but the post-code problem, I tried deleting the GreatBritain.fbl file and transferring over the GreatBritain7ppc.fbl that was left in the root by Mio and full post codes then worked, and in about/maps it then became United Kingdom 2006.01+ - so, so far so good. :D

However, as buslough gave this link http://www.mio-tech.be/updates/miomap/maps/greatbritain7ppc.fbl I downloaded the updated version of greatbritain7ppc to my pc, removed the other version from my SD card and replaced it with this one.

When I checked about/maps, firstly it gave me a message stating that some maps were out of date, and Mio’s web address, then when I opened the file it still gave United Kingdom 2006.01+ but underneath that was a small gravestone marked RIP and next to it was the file title GreatBritain7ppc!!! Confused

So, I have now deleted that file and gone back to the one left on my C210 when it returned from Mio!! Smile and retained my full post-code facility :D

As toibs has reported “Just been on a trip to Bristol & back. Unit reset 7 times in total.....” I think that I will leave it as it is at present!!

Someone obviously has a sense of humour to put in a gravestone and RIP!!

With regard to TMC my Mio support contact states:

Concerning the Mio branded TMC module for Mio GPS systems. Those are not sold to dealers or distributors in the UK.

Of course end-users can order it from our e-shop, because the shop is operating all over Europe and can be used everywhere, as long as free TMC is available.

Currently a UK version is in test faze and will soon be launched, this version will support the licensed UK TMC service.

However, it will still take a couple of weeks before the product is finished and available.

cheers

Allan
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all.

Tried the link that buslouch gave. What a waste of time that turned out to be.
After taking ages on my slow BT to transfer the map, the poxy thing was incomplete. It only appeared to show main A roads & motorways on my unit.
However, after that I popped back to the Mio site who are now dishing out the greatbritain7ppc.fbl file and now I have my 7 digit postcode function back. :D

CeeJay.
APMorton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem as CeeJay exept i got a gbmap i/o file error and the device kept re-booting.
Incidently CeeJay, where did you go on the mio site to get the file from, i can't seem to find it.
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. Completely re-installed from original Dvd. Removed old Cache files.
Loaded Sal's new PGPSW .mtc "update" as it didnt seem to wanna sync with Mio's database again (mio - sort it out - i'm allegedly PAYING you for this database...)

Off to London tomorrow. Lets see how stable and accurate this thing is now...

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: