Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 530 and an SD card at 2GB..works a treat
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 530 and an SD card at 2GB..works a treat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Navman 530 and an SD card at 2GB..works a treat Reply with quote

Recently upgraded from a Navman 510 to a Navman 530 + Euro maps on CD…so Euro Maps on Cd’s are not very useful really when your on route !!!.
Navman say the max memory SD (for a 530) is 512MB on their WEB site..nothing in the instruction manual I could see though. Well having experienced the same issue with my 510 and using a much larger than standard card at 1GB SD without an issue for 2 years with European maps .
So I thought I would try the same on the 530, I purchased a 2GB SD card off Ebay and loaded all the 530 supplied European maps onto to the 2Gb card without any issues. And still have 700MB free!
I’m not sure what the Max size the Navman 530 CPU can address, but its probable into the 16bit memory range like most PDA’s and PC’s.
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest, what make of SD card are you now using Question
grayi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Card was a 2GB SANDISK ( the blue one )
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, quality company....it always pays !
Thanks for the info' Laughing
grayi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have had an issue in the past ...I've used them for years never had a problem and use the the utlra II in my cameras. If you have the money spend it but its only a GPS in the reality not a heart machine. A lot is also down to marketing and what you believe. You can the same discussion about Engine oil and whats good or bad but most is made in the same factories...hope the info help though.
bluenose66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had all of Europe on a 1gb SD card, like you all seemed OK. However, two days before going to Spain I did some route demo's and the ICN kept crashing after loading about 6% of the route. Turned out to be the SD card, Navman told me to use a Sandisk 512mb Ultra 2. Out of interest do a couple of European route demo's and see if it copes.
Graham-P
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluenose66 wrote:
I had all of Europe on a 1gb SD card, like you all seemed OK. However, two days before going to Spain I did some route demo's and the ICN kept crashing after loading about 6% of the route. Turned out to be the SD card, Navman told me to use a Sandisk 512mb Ultra 2. Out of interest do a couple of European route demo's and see if it copes.

I think cards that are "Ultra 2" or "High Speed" are the clue. I use the latter (see below) on my 510 and it works very well. Wink
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham-P wrote:
bluenose66 wrote:

I think cards that are "Ultra 2" or "High Speed" are the clue. I use the latter (see below) on my 510 and it works very well. Wink

Mmmm! Sorry, I logged in with the wrong name Embarassed
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grayi,
No past issues I assure you, I believe Sandisk are a quality company with top products. Must have been the way I phrased my earlier offering 8O .
Once again, thanks for the info' Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: