Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Mk-1 BT GPS Receiver - Weird Prob
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Mk-1 BT GPS Receiver - Weird Prob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spenny_B
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: TomTom Mk-1 BT GPS Receiver - Weird Prob Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've had my TT BT receiver for a good 3yrs now, but recently changed cars and havent yet got around to installing the charging base, so have been using a cable from the cigarette lighter for power to both PDA (HP 2210) and GPS receiver.

This used to work absolutely fine.

However, when the receiver is now connected to the power, it switches off within 30-45 secs!! If using the receiver with its internal battery, and no power, it's fine.

It's almost the reverse of the function you have with the charging base, ie., when engine/ignition switched off, the GPS unit automatically switches itself off....really weird. I've checked that the cigarette lighter plug isn't wobbling and giving an intermittent connection, all seems ok.

Is there a way of resetting the unit? Is this a sign of my battery reaching end of life? (it manages a 3hr drive home ok...)

V tempted to get the Mk2 version (my Bro has one, excellent) however, I do like the Mk-1's base unit to a) hold it in place securely and b) keep it charged.

Any ideas v welcome, its driving me mad!! :x

Cheers
Spencer.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The switch on/off magic is controlled by the base contacts, not the round plug. Any residue on the base contact?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Spenny_B
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lutz...yup, have checked this and nothing *apparent*, although I will now go and clean them with cct cleaner.

Any idea who makes the batteries for these units?...only markings on the battery is Q6000021 and that its 600mAh @ 3.7v, Li-Ion.

Thanks
S

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: