Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - organising MP3's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

organising MP3's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salarjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: organising MP3's Reply with quote

Hi everyone another newbie....
I have had my 360 for about 2 weeks. I have backed up my Nuvi 360 and downloaded all the updates manually and bought a 2 gb SD Card to load MP3's on. However on the Nuvi they are not in the same order as on the pc, i understand that this is something to do with the tags on the music and having read previous topics i downloaded Tag&Rename as suggested. But OMG it looks so complicated Confused and i did try reading the PDF instructions. Is there anyone out there that can run it past me in real simple terms. I don't want to do anything complicated just keep the songs together in the album. Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Salarjo
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how you order them on your hard disk, nor how you order them in the program you use for playing music, but the Garmin should order them based on what you select - eg if you select Artists, the artists will be listed in order, as will albums.

If you select an album, and select to play it, it will plays the tracks in album order (assuming the mp3s are encoded with track numbers). Any other selection will result in the tracks being played in track name order.
salarjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Swing thanks for that. I have the tracks in a folder album name and artist on the pc but when i view it on the nuvi they are not all in the album file. The music is downloaded from a shareware site and i think it is something to do with tags that people place on them. For instance an album has 12 songs in it but on the nuvi only 10 of them are shown as it doesn't recognise the other 2 as part of that album. The other 2 are in 'unknown' . Hope this makes sense. Hence (i think) the need for the tag&rename software.
Cheers
Salarjo
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to edit the tags on these two mp3's. I use this: Here
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
hannick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: where to install music Reply with quote

I too have bought a 2gig SD card and have created a folder on it called MP3.

None of the music files I put in it appear on the MP3 player menus on my Nuvi 360.

What am I doing wrong ? The jpeg's I put on the card appear in the picture viewer, so why not the music ?
salarjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hannick
Check to see what format your music files are as it wont recognise wma only mp3. If in wma you will have to convert to mp3. You can download free software to do this and one that will tag the music at the same time. do a google search. I spent a good few hours messing with the tags and finally got all my music in the correct albums.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: