Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Announce PocketPC v6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Announce PocketPC v6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Kessler wrote:
Hallelujah! I had an exhaustive correspondence with TeleAtlas and TomTom about 18 months ago in which I itemised over 50 mis-named roads in north London, and eventually TeleAtlas corrected the data. At last TomTom have done the same.

Many thanks

TomTom can only work with the data TeleAtlas gives them. Therefore, although TA may have corrected the data at their end, this evidently wasn't released to TomTom untilmuch later.
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on a message I had from TA's Senior Manager for GEO LBS Marketing in October 2005 (see below), TomTom have had the revised data for 10 months:

"I am pleased to confirm you that thanks to your feedback, the errors you reported have been solved and included in the coming Tele Atlas map data release, which will be delivered to TomTom shortly (planned around October 27th)."

I think that represents a reasonable turnaround time for getting the data into TTN. Hats off to TomTom.
apwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TT5 maps on TT6 Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
netwave wrote:
Ive been using TT6,
Only downfall Ive found so far is that TT5 maps wont work with TT6 unless someone knows how to do a fix for this?

Stop! That's the wrong sort of question to be asking here.

I might be misunderstanding something, and if so, please forgive me (as I'm new to all this and this is my first post), but I don't understand what's wrong with this question.

Someone may have purchased TT5 maps for various countries, but only wish to upgrade UK maps to TT6. Even for Europe they would still need to use their TT5 maps for detailed roads that aren't present in the UK maps. So having purchase both TT5 maps and TT6 maps, I think they should be able to continue to use both sets of maps, without having to install two versions of the software (indeed I wonder if its possible to install two versions at the same time?). Moreover, having effectively paid for TT6 software with the UK map, they should be able to take advantage of any extra features this software offers them with the old maps (except for features that only work with the new maps).

So in my opinion, TT6 software should be compatible with TT5 maps, people shouldn't have to throw away old maps just because they have upgraded to the new software. Its just like if you buy a new version of Microsoft Word - you would expect to be able to load documents from the previous version, and people would rightly complain if they couldn't.
Griff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the red card is because tomtom 6 isn't out yet 8O
Ipaq
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I think it is because the word 'fix' has been interpreted rightly or wrongly as 'crack'

Regards

Ipaq
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ipaq wrote:
Hi all,

I think it is because the word 'fix' has been interpreted rightly or wrongly as 'crack'

Regards

Ipaq

First
bennygod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am a bit confused Question , could someone please clarify for me?
A neighbour brought home his new TomTom Go C510 at the weekend to show me some of the new maps. His SD card said “GB maps” on it but it also zoomed out to show roads in all the European cities. I looked at Madrid as this is one I frequently travel to and it had basically the major roads but not the more detailed one-way streets that you get around a UK Town. Now is this because it is not the maps of western Europe on his SD card, just major roads and hence if I bought tt nav. v6s release with the maps of western Europe it would give me the details that I am after?

Cheers guys.
bennygod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you guys testing the pre-releae versions could post a picture of the street level in madrid (East side if possible, around Calle Alcala) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
pagla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: prices for pacakages Reply with quote

I Have seen this information elsewhere
here it is for all

The full UK package. For under £130, this package contains a mini-sd card (with an adaptor to make it full size SD) and a bluetooth GPS receiver. The European system is exactly the same whether on SD at £170 or DVD at £85. Why the price difference? Well to get it onto your PDA you’ll need a memory card, unless you have about 1GB spare of internal memory, and DVDs are cheaper than SD cards, hence the big price difference. The software is also available separately for both UK and Europe (£68 and £109 respectively). This is the ideal option if you already have a receiver, or if you are upgrading from Navigator or Mobile 5.
alanjrobertson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was concerned re Palm TX compatability and therefore e-mail TomTom (via the rather laborious support site)...here's what I asked and their response:

Quote:
Dear Sirs

Further to my previous question I see that TomTom Navigator 6 has now been released*.

Q1 - the Palm TX is not listed* as compatible yet the Palm Treo 650 and 700P are - as this runs the same OS I take it this is an oversight? I would appreciate if you would clarify this and update your website accordingly (and also include a number of other Palm products with built-in Bluetooth that should also work) - I also note that Palm is listed twice rather than once!.

Q2 - Although your press release indicates TTN6 was launched two weeks ago I can't yet find any retailer selling it. Your own website store doesn't sell it and after trying a number of the online stores you list the closest I can get is Dabs.com - they at least list the product (none of the others seem to) but don't have any stock or indicate when they will get some.

It all adds up to a rather confusing software release and I would appreciate your clarification on the above points.

Yours faithfully,

Alan Robertson

* URLs:
- http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=291&Language=1
- http://www.tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=237&Language=1

Reply:
Quote:
Dear Mr Robertson,

The list of compatible products is the correct list . The list may be amended when new releases of the software are released but at the moment the list is correct as it stands.

As stated in the newsletter you supplied "TomTom NAVIGATOR 6 will be available from September 2006" , the product has started shipping to distributors and will be available this month.The product was unveiled 2 weeks ago.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I don't understand their reply re. compatability - surely if the Treo 650/700P are then the TX should be too??

Alan
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Favourites? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there's a way to migrate your Favourites (locations) from V5.21 to V6? It's going to be a pain if you have to re-enter them all!

Phil
Happy 5.21 user
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Favourites? Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a way to migrate your Favourites (locations) from V5.21 to V6? It's going to be a pain if you have to re-enter them all!

Phil
Happy 5.21 user
Have a look here.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjrobertson wrote:

I don't understand their reply re. compatability - surely if the Treo 650/700P are then the TX should be too??

Here's what is happening. TomTom want to cut support costs and arbitrarily omit devices from the compatibility list. When you install TTN 6 on your TX and have a problem and contact them they'll go through the holy list, shake their heads and hang up.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no change or improvement in TomTom's lack of support then.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
bennygod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, any of you pre-release testers had chance to look at a Madrid map? Sorry to be a pain but this is a vital aspect to me and will decide if I preorder tt Nav. V6 or not. If any of you Nav. V5 owners out there have the latest maps could you let me know what the quality of the madrid maps are as per my previous couple of posts on this thread? Any pics would be great to have a look at.
Thanks,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: