Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I miss my 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I miss my 910
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you still got a pair stored in the phone for the original 910? if so delete it and try again setting it up from scratch with the device, also I would make sure the new 910 is upto date, allow it to connect to home via the PC and update/ install any upgrades the device finds - Mike
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Just double checked.
I had deleted the previous tomtom 910 setting and have also checked for updates but it doesn't want to know. Sad
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jean

Similar thing happened to me ,I had a Sony Ericsson T610(was not mentioned in there compatible list) which worked at first but then only worked odd times, so in the end I changed my phone to the SE K750i that is on the list for the 910 & works just fine.
Ex. owner TomTom One v.5.420 Map UK v.605
Ex. owner Garmin i3 v.2.7 Map UK V.7
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough my other phone is a Sony Ericsson T610 and I just went to the list to see if that was compatible but fouynd it wasn't - looks like I will have to do without unless I buy another phone. Sad
mrplebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have a garmin i3 and was thinking of buying one of these tom tom 910's but i have been well put off reading these posts, do they all suffer from these problems or have you guy just bought duds.

Dave
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping I just had two duds Smile
I am travelling across to Shropshire tomorrow and up to the Lake District at the end of the week so will come back at the weekend and let you know how it goes on.
I am keeping my fingers crossed!
mrplebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never read so many mixed reports about anything, some say they are great others say there have faults like with the mounting kit and software problems.
Is the very lates 910's have a improved with the window mount as i have read about people getting new improved ones from tom tom.

If i go and buy one from a shop tomorrow will i get this new improved mount or will they have old stock in and just sell me them, is it best to wait a few weeks to make sure, i here about new firmware does this iron out locking up problems?

Its a lot of money to spend to buy something that is full of problems.

Dave
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If i go and buy one from a shop tomorrow will i get this new improved mount or will they have old stock in and just sell me them, is it best to wait a few weeks to make sure, i here about new firmware does this iron out locking up problems?

Most of them should have been updated by now, but why not call support and ask if the new mounts have been dipatched to your region.
It is a lot of money, but will be worth it in the end.
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have put it to the test this week. Done over 1000 miles with work and I have to say it has worked perfectly. I am gradually restoring my faith in it and looking forward to taking it to florida now.
vickyarcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am having problems with my 910 too.

I bought it at the end of April from PCworld, it has constantly had problems, including resets at random occasions, time not kept, no microphone on incoming calls (outgoing calls OK most of the time), broken mount, erractic volume levels, erractic menus etc

Contacted Tomtom who want me to send it back for a repair, but I am reluctant to do this after hearing how long they take (need it daily for work). Went into PCworld today, they say as it's out of the 28 day exchange period they would have it back to "get Tomtom out to repair it" (who are they trying to kid it would have to be sent back to Tomtom!) I am not happy with this and don't want to accept a repair I want a straight replacement, as I don't want to be without it. What are my rights relating to this, can I demand a replacement?

What would you do? I am fed up of this now and am would have to seriously think before buying another Tomtom product
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was faulty when you bought it.. they're spinning you a line you have a right to a repair or replacement.
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathise Vicky.
During my problems, according to Trading Standards after the first month then they are right to offer to repair it or replace it if they cannot repair it.
Luckily for me, the latest one I have is working perfectly so far.
Hope you get it sorted.
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although not an expert by any means I believe there is no such thing as a 28 or 30 day period which some retailers refer to.

Have a read of the Compact Law website.

Under Consumer Law it says

'The law says that if goods are sold they must not be faulty. Unless that fault was brought to your attention at the time you bought the goods, you are entitled to your money back or to exchange the goods for something else.

Under the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002, any fault that arises during the first 6 months will be presumed to have existed at the time of delivery. It is therefore up to the retailer to prove otherwise.

Consumers also have a right to request a repair or replacement of the goods, (although the seller can refuse if the cost of doing so would be disproportionate to the cost of any other remedy available to the buyer, or a repair or replacement is impossible). In those circumstances the buyer can ask the seller to reduce the purchase price by an appropriate amount or "rescind" (end) the contract and sue.'
vickyarcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result!

After a bit of discussion with PCWorld head office they have agreed to an exchange. I've just got to go to my local store tomorrow and sort it out with the manager.

They guy at head office was very nice and agreed that consumer law can be interpreted either way (i.e exchange or repair) and that it was there policy to try a repair first, if that's not successful, or takes longer than 28 days they will exchange. We pointed out that consumer law states the repair/replacement shouldn't cause the buyer undue inconvienence and that being without my much needed Sat nav would do that, he then managed to arrange a replacement with the manager at the local store.

Fingers crossed I get a good 'un this time as I really like the Tomtom interface and features. I was looking at the other options i.e Garmin/Mio/Navman and couldn't find one that would do all I wanted, or do it as well as the 910 (when it's working that is!) The Nuvi's look nice but lacks the US maps (which at £240 extra are a tad dear!) and can't create POI's on the unit, routing is limited to one waypoint and no itineries.
The Mio's don't offer US maps and the Navmans don't do handsfree bluetooth. Don't you just wish you could combine the features/designs of all these systems together to make one super sat nav unit!
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get sorted Vicky.
I am pleased with my replacement as like you, I loved the whole concept of the 910.
Off to USA in 4 weeks so really looking forward to testing it out there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: