Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
01101000_01101001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7 Reply with quote

Sorry i bet this has been asked 1000 times already but i cant find anything when i search. Can i use Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7 as a routable map on my i3?
Or is is there a better way to find my way to Italy?

Thanks Ian
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if you load the maps using a program called img2gps...theres a few threads re using this software,do a search..
missing_user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7 Reply with quote

01101000_01101001 wrote:
Sorry i bet this has been asked 1000 times already but i cant find anything when i search. Can i use Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7 as a routable map on my i3?
Or is is there a better way to find my way to Italy?

Thanks Ian

Strange you searched and found nothing!!!!
I found 150.

Here are two:-
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=40185&highlight=metroguide

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
01101000_01101001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky you....
missing_user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01101000_01101001 wrote:
lucky you....

I pressed the search button, chose metroguide, saw 150, selected two, posted the links to help you and I get an answer like that!!! Rolling Eyes
01101000_01101001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then unlucky you
afterall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: This will do it. Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been through this exercise and got some excellent from beerbelly.

You will need an sd card to send your map selections to, so I assume you have got one. I have 512mb card and I can fit a large number of France maptiles onto it and use up only about 110mb of card space.

You will need a copy of IMG2GPS so do a search of this forum and you find a link to it.

The instructions also make ref to Sendmap20 and this is included within the IMG2GPS download. If you look in the folder where you save IMG2GPS you will find Sendmap20. Just double click to launch.

The only changes I made from the following instructions, were under step 4 click select all to select all map tilesets, and step 9 I saved the image to the sd card first and then did a cut and paste into the Garmin folder on the sd card.

When complete you can check that your maps are on your satnav by going into settings, choose maps, mapsource and check that you have your basemap plus the selection imported using Sendmap20.

Follow the instructions below.

1 - Select the MapTiles visually in Mapsource and upload them to the SD card in the unit [60 CSX], or preferably a SD card in a card reader [using Send to Device]. This will create a full indexed, but non-auto routable MapSet [look for gmapsupp IMG file]. This takes quite a while for a large MapSet!

2 - Also Save the MapSet selection as a .gdb file from MapSource in My Documents.

3 - Launch IMG2GPS and use the "load" option at the bottom of the screen to load the .gdb file. [from #2] It will show the list of all the MapTiles.

4 - Check the two options "Folder/Card" and "Create File instead of Upload" and then

5 - Click on "Create File". This will create an auto-routable, but non-indexed/non-searchable MapSet in My Documents. [look for GMAPSUPP IMG file in My Documents]

6 - Launch Sendmap20 and use the "add map" option to load the gmapsupp IMG file [from#1] It will list all the map tiles and will also list an index file at the end.

7 - Now highlight the first map tile in the list and hit the "Ctrl + delete" button until you have removed ALL the maps except the "index" file.

8 - Now use the "add map" option again, to load the GMAPSUPP.IMG file that was created by IMG2GPS [in My Documents from #5]. Now your list will include all the routable map tiles and the index file.

9 - Click on the send to GPS or Save to SD card [depending on the unit]
This will be auto-routable and fully indexed.

If you have any problems pm meand I will see if I can help.
01101000_01101001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great thanks for your help guys

Ian
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01101000_01101001 wrote:
ok then unlucky you

It could be unlucky you next time you want some help, and the people with the knowledge and experience to offer that help remember your attitude. Rolling Eyes
Samsung Galaxy S21
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, watching this post earlier - thought I might help this guy, then saw his rudeness come out, so decided not to help.

'afterall', you are clearly more tolerant than I.

Loving the avatar that 00000000 (or whatever his handle is) is using, but then thought 'now, what kind of name is 'Ian' for a PIMP?'

luck on your next request for info, brother Twisted Evil
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
Beerbellybill999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a utility called Metrowizz to upload metroguide to my i3.

works a treat and far easier that img2gps method.

It can be downloaded at http://www.geodude.nl/gps/index.php

Maps are fully routable with search facility
afterall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: I'll give it a try Reply with quote

Thanks for the link beerbelly, I will try this program out.

Re the previous tit for tat, I don't think that people are always trying to be rude when the backchat starts, it sometimes just gets taken the wrong way.

Come on we are all here to help each other!!

A
missing_user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll give it a try Reply with quote

afterall wrote:

Re the previous tit for tat, I don't think that people are always trying to be rude when the backchat starts, it sometimes just gets taken the wrong way.

Come on we are all here to help each other!!

Once maybee, but twice!!!

Anyway this statement was suspect:-

Quote:
Sorry i bet this has been asked 1000 times already but i cant find anything when i search.

I've learnt a valuable lesson, don't waste time on topics that I have covered before!!!
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tend to agree with you strumble...nearly every day someone asks a question which with a search will come up with an answer....there are stickies above and camera help guides to the left of the page...for newbies with few posts to there name , these should answer every query....sometimes a newbie will look and not be able to find anything ,so a polite 'steer' to the search engine or a 'brief' explanation does help...
afterall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Metrowizz is a wizz Reply with quote

Used Metrowizz last night to load up my maps of France and Spain, piece of cake to use and was able to transfer directly to the connected i3 and saved mapsets straight to the installed 512mb sd card.

Much easier than the method I posted above, so just follow the wizard instructions included within the program.

A

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: