Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera alerts dont work.please help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera alerts dont work.please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hadleyman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Speed camera alerts dont work.please help Reply with quote

Hi..I have a acer35 with Destinator 3. A friend of mine downloade the cameras to my favorites in the destinator two days ago.. tHere is auto alert 1 and autoalert 2 stored.After he doing it the acer would not work and i had to reset it and input the maps again. Both auto alerts still show but do not pick up any sory of signal..i went threoug about 5 cameras on the a10 and ther was no warning..Can someone pplease advise me please

thank you
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you download from and who paid for it?
hadleyman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i downloaded it from here and paid £2 through paypal..Do you think you could advise me? Thank you
hadleyman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this question too difficult to answer or something? I thought the £2 paid was to get some help when required? I really would appreciate if there was someone out there who could help me or put me in the direction of someone who can..Thank you
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hadleyman1 wrote:
i downloaded it from here and paid £2 through paypal..Do you think you could advise me? Thank you

Strange - your original post stated that your friend downloaded it. Need to get your story straight if you want to convince people your legit and to obtain their help.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums!
hadleyman1 wrote:
Is this question too difficult to answer or something?
It's too difficult for me, I don't know anything about Destinator, but I can tell you that, given that you are asking for advice from people giving freely of their own time, you attitude isn't going to get you anywhere.
hadleyman1 wrote:
I thought the £2 paid was to get some help when required?
The £2 gained you membership of the forum, including the right to download the camera database and the right to ask for advice, I did not earn you the right to be rude.
hadleyman1 wrote:
I really would appreciate if there was someone out there who could help me or put me in the direction of someone who can..Thank you
I suggest that you ask in a Destinator specific forum, where there is at least one sticky about the camera database. Or you could try using the search function. Searching for Destinator & Camera will return 212 matches. I would suggest that if you can't find an answer there, there isn't one!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly Destinator will only warn you of cameras if you have a route set. If you are just driving around in map mode (or whatever it is called) it won't warn you. Suggest you try setting a route that you know will take you past a camera and then drive it to see if you get the warning.

Sorarse I must admit that was my initial reaction but giving him the benefit of the doubt it could be that the mate just helped him with the download.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
hadleyman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you help lads.I am sorry if I came across as rude, that was not the intention. I was a little impatient and became frustrated when i did not get an answer. My friend did download the cameras from this site into the acer as I am severely thick when it comes to tecnology.Sorry again and thanks for the info

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: