Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updating Maps on c320
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating Maps on c320

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roblatus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Updating Maps on c320 Reply with quote

Can anyone help me out on how to do this.

My c320 came originaly with City Select v7 maps and i now want to put the City Nvaigator V8 maps on.

I have got the City Navigator v8 update disk but i am having a nightmare trying to update the maps on the unit.

Thanks for any help
Ericd
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Roblatus,
Download the City Navigator Disc to your computer. When done unlock the disc by using the Unlock Code which should be either with the software or sent to you by E mail if the City Navigator Disc was sent to you as an update for your unit, both come from Garmin direct. When done open up the Mapsource Folder read the howto files and you should be able to follow on from there. Ensure your C320 is plugged in and switched on but not until after you have got the disc contents onto your computer.
Hope this helps.
Ericd
Ericd
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot, when selecting the maps from Mapsource ensure you use the Maptool located on the Mapsource Tool Bar,
Ericd
Roblatus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far what i have done is as follows

Got my original City Select v7 disks installed to my pc.

Try to install my City Navigator Europe v8 disk but it says during installation that it cannot find a previous version so cancels the install

I browsed the disk and managed to get it to install by selecting the setup file manually.

However when i run the Mapsource program and try to send the maps i want to my unit i get a message saying they are not unlocked.

I have got an unlock code from Garmin and it is listed on MyGarmin along with my City Select v7 information but i cannot get it to work

Am i doing something wrong???

Confused
Ericd
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the Map Unlock Wizard. Go to Start, All programs, Garmin, Unlock Wizard and follow the screens through. If you are already doing this then I suggest you contact Garmin direct at http://www.garmin.com/support/ . They have a good FAQ section and you can also E Mail them Direct. I have done so previously and had a good response even if I have had to wait a couple of days.
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.
Ericd
Ericd
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try here http://shop.garmin.com/cartography/mapsource/techSupport.asp
Ericd

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: