Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux 236 GPS Slim Dead?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux 236 GPS Slim Dead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShamelessCookie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm crossing my fingers, but it is now working...

Last night, it had mostly a full charge, I kept turning it on/off on/off until FINALLY, Bluetooth came on

I then let it stay on OVERNIGHT and it was still going in the morning

I used it to drive to work without a problem

I then used it throughout the day without a problem, eventually the battery low light came on

Right now I'm recharging it, but I haven't had an issue since I left it on overnight.
ShamelessCookie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whell, I spoke too soon... BT is completely dead, will NOT come on no matter what I do...

This speaks poorly of the QA at Holux
FrostFree
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine from ebay serial no 236-624*****, it fixes very quickly and worked like a dream, then on the 7th day, after charging, I turned it on and the bluetooth light didn't come on and obviously my device couldn't find it. I did all I could turning on and off etc, but no joy. So I decided to charge agin for another 3 hours or so, this time the blutooth came on as I turned it on, I was over the moon thinking the problem was fixed, but next day the bluethooth just stayed dead, and it's been ever since. Is there any explanation from Holux why this is happening?

FF
cloudchaser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - I have the same issue too. Bluetooth seems dead and I tried removing and reinserting the battery but no luck.

I am going to try some of the tips mentioned here and see if that kicks it back into life.

FWIW - I got mine off ebay and the serial no. is 236-62401***
aaronprez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can attest to another purchased on Ebay with dead bluetooth, also a 236-624****** serial number. You could make bluetooth work after refridgerating it for some reason (I read this from other people) But once it warms up, bluetooth stops working. I have sent it back, and am waiting for a replacement.
meestermartinho
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solder issue on the pcb apparently

aaronprez wrote:
I can attest to another purchased on Ebay with dead bluetooth, also a 236-624****** serial number. You could make bluetooth work after refridgerating it for some reason (I read this from other people) But once it warms up, bluetooth stops working. I have sent it back, and am waiting for a replacement.
bossbob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a second GPSlim 236 for my wife after good being satisfied with one bought earlier. The second units bluetooth has never worked. The dealer (UK based, on ebay, Holux authorised) says to contact Holux, Holux are not responding to a support ticket, an e-mail or the phone and I've never seen the "Live Help" online.

Any ideas or do I just have to wait. :x
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bossbob wrote:
Any ideas or do I just have to wait. :x

If it has never worked then it's probably faulty, in which case the retailer is obliged to take the unit back and either replace it or refund your money.

Legally, it's nothing to do with Holux although their technical support may be able to help you to confirm if it is actually faulty. If you already have another Holux unit that works then I expect that you know what you are doing with it and that the second Holux unit is faulty!

Not sure if the Sale of Goods Act applies to e-bay transactions though. Anyone know?
bossbob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked ebay. Its a business so http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/business.html
applies. Rang the vendor, explained, we'll wait and see what happens.

Rob
bossbob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!
Holux UK do support the vendor.
The day after finally contacting the vendor I had an RMA number from Holux and they tried to close the trouble ticket. I objected as nothing has been solved until I get a working GPS 236. The faulty unit was returned that day (Friday) and thats the last I've heard. No replacement, no email, and they answer the phone with a recorded message that costs money to listen to but gives no options other than email (they don't reply) or trouble ticket (it took 5 days and a phone call to the vendor to get any response). Not customer friendly!!
Its sad that such a good product gets such poor support.

Rob
cloudchaser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about that bossbob - hope you get things sorted with further pain.

An update about my Holux. I had got it off ebay from a HK based seller. I sent back my faulty unit to them and got email response and instructions from them about returns procedure within 48hrs. Sent it to them recored and I have received back another unit (which works) last week.

Being a ebay seller and based in HK I was expecting a few problems but it was fairly straight and easy to do.

cloudchaser wrote:
Hmm - I have the same issue too. Bluetooth seems dead and I tried removing and reinserting the battery but no luck.

I am going to try some of the tips mentioned here and see if that kicks it back into life.

FWIW - I got mine off ebay and the serial no. is 236-62401***
bossbob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the replacement arrived this morning and Bluetooth appears to work. Still not entirely happy as I'm down on the cost of postage to return the faulty item and I'm not happy at all about the poor communication from BuyBits (the original seller) or Holux UK. Phoning was a joke with 0870 numbers and answering machines and queues that never ended with a real person.

Regards

Rob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: