Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Excellent News! - C510/710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Excellent News! - C510/710
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Excellent News! - C510/710 Reply with quote

A friend has passed me an email that he has just received from navigating.de which confirms that they are going to release POI-Warner for our Mio units:

You will get an notification when the
POI-Warner for the Mio Map CE 3 is available.
We will mail you then and maybe you can tell it your friends if you want this.

This will allow us to import the PGPSW camera database, and other POI's such as the ones on POI Handler. I'll post here as soon as I hear more, in the meantime I'm going to suspend any further work on my own utility to do the same job.

Here's a link to the POI Warner site:
http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=593

Sal
TheInspector
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that's good news Sal but I haven't a clue how I'm going to do it. I can't access the device. I've tried USB and Bluetooth.The 710 shows my computer on it and my computer shows the device as Windows CE Passkey Enabled but I can't see any files. It doesn't show up on My Computer. So I'm stuck.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheInspector wrote:
I suppose that's good news Sal but I haven't a clue how I'm going to do it. I can't access the device. I've tried USB and Bluetooth.The 710 shows my computer on it and my computer shows the device as Windows CE Passkey Enabled but I can't see any files. It doesn't show up on My Computer. So I'm stuck.

To get access you need to use BlueSoleil software. I also had to change to a BT2 dongle although others have said they used BT1.2
Try this. With the dongle plugged in, go to Device Manager and Remove the device (to delete the MS drivers). Remove the dongle. Install BlueSoleil and reconnect the dongle. Run BlueSoleil which has its own window and function menu. Do NOT reinstall any MS drivers and do NOT use My Computer or Windows Explorer.

Sal

Sal
TheInspector
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that Sal. I might get the software and dongle etc but why doesn't the 710 show up when it's connected via USB? Should it do?
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Excellent News! - C510/710 Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
A friend has passed me an email that he has just received from navigating.de which confirms that they are going to release POI-Warner for our Mio unit.

This will allow us to import the PGPSW camera database, and other POI's such as the ones on POI Handler.

Sal

Yippee! :D
Great news Sal.

CeeJay
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheInspector wrote:
Thank you for that Sal. I might get the software and dongle etc but why doesn't the 710 show up when it's connected via USB? Should it do?

I don't think you are intended to look into the unit and the Mio software is designed to prevent it. But the bluetooth software gets in by the back door.

Sal
Simebaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... interesting, simply because of this email I received yesterday (only picked it up today, been away with work):

"Unfortunaltely there is yet no suitable version for a MioMap CE 3 system. Please contact the vendor of your navigation system if there are plans to include POI-Warner support.
Also ask if MioMap 3 supports synchronization services that can use overlays provided by www.poihandler.com , a reliable source for Overlay data."

So I'll wait with interest to see if a version supporting the Mio appears. I for one hope it is true, though.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simebaby wrote:
Hmmmm... interesting, simply because of this email I received yesterday (only picked it up today, been away with work):

As you say, interesting. Was that email dated very long ago? Responsible companies don't announce products until they are ready to sell.
Perhaps a few other people should ask them the same question, to demonstrate that there is indeed a demand for the product.

Sal
Simebaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal

Email was dated yesterday. I emailed them middle of last week, to ask if they had plans to support Miomap v3 (i.e. for the C510 & C710) - that was the reply.
anarchyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Shall be keeping my eyes peeled for this one then either way
Simebaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailed them again this morning, and pointed them in the direction of this forum - I'll report back when I get a reply.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simebaby.
I e mailed this morning too.
You would think that the more enquiries they got, the more likely they are to develop it.
So come on all you guys & gals with your shiny new 510/710's, get e mailing cos we need PGPSW's camera database. Laughing

Here's the link:
http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=513

:D :D :D

CeeJay
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi Simebaby.
I e mailed this morning too.
You would think that the more enquiries they got, the more likely they are to develop it.
So come on all you guys & gals with your shiny new 510/710's, get e mailing cos we need PGPSW's camera database. Laughing

Here's the link:
http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=

Hmm! From the site:

As the name suggests, the Point-of-Interest-Warner visually and acoustically warns you of POIs as you approach them. Speed cameras, petrol stations and kindergartens are only some examples for POIs.

Kindergartens? Perhaps they would like to re-phrase that ! (Unless they mean look out for small children in the interests of road safety, of course).

Peasemold
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look at the Warner site. Don't you have to purchase the software to register or have I read it wrong?
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rronaldson wrote:
Had a look at the Warner site. Don't you have to purchase the software to register or have I read it wrong?

Yes, the software costs 30 euros. I've not used it yet for obvious reasons but from the reviews and user comments that seems pretty good value.

Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: