Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Media Center for TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Media Center for TomTom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobilnova
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I investigated the custom menu problem. Right now, it's too much work to support it properly (it's much easier and faster for user to edit the menu himself Smile ), so I'll just give a warning in new version, it will be out soon.

The startup timimg does not depend from video size, it's because player is filling its cache.

Normally, when video is playing and you tap the screen, controls should appear in 1-2 sec. I can not imagine why you could have problems with icons appearing after a long delay. It also sould not depend from video size because all icons are cached in memory before even playback starts.

We're preparing a new release, where you will find following enhancements:
1. Warning in case of custom menu
2. Much-much better A/V sync
3. Faster startup (we'll kill ttn instead of reboot Smile )
4. Stop movie playback when OnOf button is pressed, USB cable pugged in or SD card removed

In fact, changes 2-3 are ready now, if you wanna try let me know I'll send you update via e-mail
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send over the update and I will give it a try then report back my e-mail button below contains the correct address that I use - Mike
bashi007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you plesae send me the update as im having lot of problems with audio sync. My email is imy.bashir@gmail.com. thanks
yarsrvenge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Review Reply with quote

After trying both your product and Makayama, I prefer yours at this point but neither is ready for primetime or deserving of $30+ USD.

I have managed to take some of my pictures, make a photo story and convert that over. They work great since there is no audio and it allows me to get pictures into the unit.

I tried converting some episodes of SpongeBob and the audio/video sync is just too hit/miss, at least from what I can tell from only two minutes of recording time.

I think you need to work out some of the kinks before people plunk down that kind of $$$. I'll keep an eye out for new versions.
fatmanscoop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone please send me the update as per previous post having trouble with audio sync ..sdj1968@gmail.com

Liverpool F.C rocks
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wonder what the latest news is with this or any other software available for viewing video on the TT GO series is ??
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IVE been using MAKAYAMA 8) and it works fine for me,paid for full version.Record off sky onto dvd then transfer onto pc then to TOMTOM.
Have got music videos in one hour parts,and they are all A1.No problems with the player press exit and back to tomtom for my next passenger 8) 5 seconds max.
I did have to revert back to an earlier version of tomtom for it to work.

Havent tried the other software yet,but may do to see which is best. :D
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks for that appreciatte the info wonder if you could help me out with a few other questions I have regards this software ??

1/ Wonder just how much the full version off this programme actually is ??

2/ I take it all the earlier bugs mentioned in the various threads such as sync problems etc have been fixed out ??

3/ does the programme actually contain the software required to convert any media you are going to use into the type regognised by the player ??

4/ any idea if the programme runs with most off the TOMTOM GO units such as the 300/600 etc ??

Lastly sorry !!!!! any ideas just how safe it is to run this operating programme on your unit ?? am under the impression that you are actually resetting the firmware on the unit ?? is this correct ??

thanks thats everything for now ??!! if you could offer any advice on the above questions then that would again be greatly apprreciatted.

cheers,
john
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
am under the impression that you are actually resetting the firmware on the unit ?? is this correct ??

YES!
I think so anyway,when i was copying a dvd in makayama software it flagged up "NEED TO REVERT TO 6.XXX " an earlier version of firmware.
This is the only problem i have with it.

Also soon the new Tom tom FM Transmitter mount is coming out in february 2007,to be able to use it you need to have an upto date firmware.This means either the fm mount or the video software. Sad

Anyone know why the makers off the video software cant make their software compatiable with the current firmware??? Question
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike007 wrote:
IVE been using MAKAYAMA 8) and it works fine for me,paid for full version.Record off sky onto dvd then transfer onto pc then to TOMTOM.
Have got music videos in one hour parts,and they are all A1.No problems with the player press exit and back to tomtom for my next passenger 8) 5 seconds max.
I did have to revert back to an earlier version of tomtom for it to work.

Havent tried the other software yet,but may do to see which is best. :D

Hi mate just wonder what particular model of tomtom you have ?? can you still run the latest maps ie. tt6 even after the firmware downgrade ??
123dixie123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. Have installed the MobilNova on my TT 510 and it works fine apart from sometimes TT will not turn off when you press the off button ( I have exited the media player and gone back to navigation) it just restarts/reboots. Have payed for full version and converted 50min film which plays with no probs. Any ideas anybody why TT should not turn off.
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

123dixie123 wrote:
Hi all. Have installed the MobilNova on my TT 510 and it works fine apart from sometimes TT will not turn off when you press the off button ( I have exited the media player and gone back to navigation) it just restarts/reboots. Have payed for full version and converted 50min film which plays with no probs. Any ideas anybody why TT should not turn off.
Okay thanks for the info mate thats great, would recommend having a look on there website as it has a forum section where you can ask questions regards all aspects off this particular software and normally get good advice from other users if not from the software writers themselves.

wonder if you are using the very latest updates as I know they are tweaking this software all the time, updates are free to all registered users.

couple off questions for you if you dont mind ??!!

1/ wonder how long the conversion process actually takes to convert say your dvd into a file formatt recognised by the player - mpeg4 is it ??

2/ do you have the tomtom software, media player and video all on the same memory card ??

3/ do you use the programmes own conversion software to convert your own files or possibly another software ??

cheers
123dixie123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jono4000. Ta for your ideas.
Ans for you=
1. It converts video into AVI (Media files) , the size of that file can be smaller than it started depending on what leval of quality you want. Apart from the application you put onto your TT (which you need to buy as the demo is restricted in time) the converting software is fine and works ok taking no more longer time than normal video comverting. I am looking into converting/compressing video useing other software as it seems to be only AVI the TT needs and then dragg/drop into the video file on the TT.I don,t have any synk probs.
2. Yes its all one one card but the 256mb supplied TT card is not big enough and am useing a 1G at the mow. I do have several mem cards and will go bigger if needed.
3. Ans above.
Am now off to look for a video media type player application for my other Satnav, a RAC based one. Anybody know of such a thing?
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay mate thanks again for the info - learning all the time !!

do you happen to know if mpeg4 is supported by this software ?? its justthat I used to have a few films for use on a sony psp that I coul;d maybe look out if I knew they were going to be okay to use.

not sure on your other unit regards a media player ?? think tomtom is was the media players were designed around, possibly the makayama software ??

will let you know how I get on just waitting on another sd card arriving then will get the software loaded up onto it and no doubt be back on picking your brains !!!

cheers
davetheref
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting reading of video problems.
I have just bought a 910 and wanted a media player on it and went for Mobilnova. I am having all sorts of problems, the main one being, when I sart to play the movie it only plays for about a minute then goes back to the menu. Spoke to Sergey at Mobilnova and he thinks that its only seeing the demo version. he has sent me a file to logg the errors and when I put this file on, the movie doesn't start at all now and reboots the TT every time.
I have emailed sergey and hopefully get a resolution.

has anyone else had this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: