Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Change of PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Change of PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Change of PDA Reply with quote

My iPAQ 5550 has finally given up the ghost and is due for replacement under the HP exchange scheme. As I have so many accessories that fit it including Seidio 2500 car mounts, HP keyboards and HP rugged cases, I think the only option is to accept a factory refurbished identical model as I believe my accessories do not fit the latest models (eg 69 series). If anyone knows anything different please let me know.

I believe that certain programs on it including TomTom5 are registered to the particular device serial number and will need a new code before it will operate. I also think POI Warner and Traffic-I are locked to the device. I also have a TT+ subscription on the device.

What do I need to do to transfer locked programs to a new device? I do know how to build the new device to a clone of the existing device with the exception of its serial number. Will TT detect a new device if cloned across or will the fact it is already registered mean it will not check the device serial?
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct in assuming that any replacement will be recognised as a new PDA (ironically even some repairs can be).

Assuming that you haven't done any other changes of PDA in during your curren TT licence, you should be OK (you might have to contact them though). As for the additional services, I don't know.

However I would strongly recommend that you get paperwork from HP confirming that your existing faulty PDA has been replaced - you might have to produce this if you have problems.

It might even be best to contact TT now, to explain what is about to happen, along software/services you have. They will be able to tell you what supporting documentation they require to allow you to continue using what you have paid for - just remember to get the contact details of the person you speak to, and make a note of the date and time of the call - just in case you have any problems with TT.
Synth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I just sent my hx4700 back to HP for repair today; I was going to post the same question.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were no problems at all, I went to www.ttcode.com and put in the new device code and it accepted it and gave me the authorisation code.

POI Warner was similar but in this case I had to email them as they only allow one change on the automatic system and I had previously had a change.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: