Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Watch out - The German Police will confiscate, or fine you!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch out - The German Police will confiscate, or fine you!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for 'maple trees' here http://www.radarfalle.de/
dd4005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook51 wrote:
Look for 'maple trees' here http://www.radarfalle.de/
Thanks :D I thought I was going to have to head to Canada to see some.
hutch999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Inforad German database Reply with quote

gamichea wrote:
The Inforad has German coverage. How extensive and the source of their info.I know not. It did warn me of German cameras last September.

The main issue I have with Inforad is the lead time for UK cameras to go on/come off their database. On the Peterborough ring road there were a lots of temporary gatsos during road works for about three months last summer. When they finally got onto a regularly updated Inforad it was late August. By mid September the gatsos had all gone but the Inforad was still merrily warning of them a few weeks ago Rolling Eyes

The latest Inforad db updates do not include the German database.
They removed it without posting a warning on their Website.
Since I live in Germany, this has now rendered the unit virtually useless.
I have corresponded with them and found they were extremely unhelpful.
Does anyone know of an Inforad database editor so that a personal database could be created?
The POI list is only about 250 entries so you can't really do it this way
I assume if the law is extended to other countries, they also will disappear.
Hutch
trogggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamichea wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
I think that you will find that it is not only Germany where it is illegal, but also France and many other countries in Europe.

The Inforad dedicated GPS camera locator was first marketed in France where it is legal unless there has been a change in the law in the last four months. On the French Inforad site there was then a downloadable certificate signed by a suitably qualified worthy certifying the Inforad is purely a GPS device and not a detector or jammer of speed camera emissions. AFAIK its still there. It includes a picture of a genuine Inforad, presumably to, ahem Laughing , deter 'rebranding' of detectors.

Also one of the FAQ answers on this site categorically states the device is legal under French law.

Inforad and its GPS competitors are openly advertised in France and Belgium. If they were illegal I would have expected a swift clampdown from the French. Particularly in view of their (sucessful) drive over the last few years to significantly reduce their road casualties by properly enforcing their speeding and drink drive laws

Anyone on here resident in France, Belgium, Italy, etc. got a view on this?

GPS-based systems are completely legal in France; they're widely sold and always with that made clear. The INFORAD French site has a notice to that effect - I've just been on it now (struggling to find the uk site from here, got there eventually!)
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How easy is it to just remove the German speed camera information from the EU OV2 file. That way I can use it in France, where it is still legal with no problems in Germany.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been some (more recent) discussion about this as there was a news report only a few weeks ago saying the French WERE making them illegal. But as usual it turned out to be scaremongering as GPS units were specifically excluded from the ban.

Do you know if a ban in Germany actually exists, and if it does, is it enforced?

It was mentioned in another topic a few days ago that speed camera warning devices are OFFICIALLY illegal in Ireland, but the law is never enforced by the Garda.

Also, the only country's data that is currently left out of the European download is SWITZERLAND, and I doubt that decision was made without some sensible research into other countries rules first.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: