Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - icn530 speed camera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

icn530 speed camera
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: icn530 speed camera Reply with quote

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to put speed cameras on icn530 and please please please don`t point me to the link on this site as i have tried several times with no with no result - iam sure i have followed it to the letter
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that is the way to do it. Which step are you having problems with? How far do you get?
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just loaded all te speed zoned files on.
The instructions worked pretty well.
From memory.
Just openned each text file (asc) with the smart desktop thingy, then used send to device, clicked Active on the resulting dialog, enabled alerts, set a distance (had to select a preset say 200, 500, 1000m ,2000m - couldn't type in my own distance like 150m!), picked the corresponding bmp file for each type of camera, enter a unique name for each type of camera when prompted (eg GATF3 for fixed 30mph cameras). After a short delay a dialog appears to tell you how much memory will be taken then just clicked OK. Repeat for all types of cameras.
It's a bit of a faf to do te 20 odd types of camera for speed zoned, probably took about half an hour.
If I could crack the file format for POI on te 530 I could probably write a loader for the speed cams to do it all in one go but not sure if I could be bothered to be honest!
As Tim Buxton says, where are you hitting problems?
larrylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: speed camera Reply with quote

ok i follow the instructions that are in the link which takes you through the downloading of the camera file ,using the smart st software,open the file and save to device and this all goes ok i even get the message at the end telling me how much memory it will use and how much is left. Then when i browse the device through active sync the files are on the device ( they are not in a folder just on the main unit ) but then after disconecting from the usb cable i can not find any reference to the speed camera ( looked in prefs-maps-poi and prefs-safety alerts-my data-my poi although i do not know where i should be looking, so this is how far i have got any help would be apreciated
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got files in \My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\MYPOI ?
That is where mine seem to go.
malcolmb1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the instructions on another site (primarily European) http://www.scdb.info/en/installation-navman/ and they seemed to go in OK. Haven't been near a camera location since though.

I found that site before this one so apologies if I'm not supposed to link to a "competitor" site - I won't be offended if this post "disappears" Embarassed
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: NAVMAN ICN530 - SAMES PROBLEM - HELP!! Reply with quote

I have followed the instructions and cannot see the files anywhere on the NAVMAN map when I use route demonstration, nor are they in the POI section or the custom POI section. Yet when I 'explore the device' they are in the root directory as files. I have tried moving them to the myflashdisk/navman..../poi' directory but this does not work.

The instructions say at the end:

"This should have now downloaded the data to your iCN or V3 software and you should now see it in there ......." But I don't. No icons show when I look at the MAP.

Any ideas?[/b]
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: ICN 530 Custom POI solution Reply with quote

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I spent all day working this out. Customer POI files are NOT transferred by SMARTV3 to the correct location on the Navman ICN530. When they are 'saved to device' they go to the ROOT directory of the device. All you need to do is to CREATE a new directory in

\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\ called MYPOI, so you end up with :

\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\MYPOI (which is of course empty)

The cut and past the files into this directory. VOILA.

Consultancy cheques in the post......

Here is a summary of ICN530 directories:

\My Documents (no file)

\My Flash Disk (1 file : config.sys)
\My Flash Disk\Navman (2 file : AppStartupSec.exe and Source.txt)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning (14 files : NavcarCE.exe ...)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\MapCols (7 files : *.col)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman (3 files : *.ini)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\Arcs (9 files : *.map)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\Maps (11 files : *.map)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\MYPOI - note you have to create this yourself
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\POCode (no file)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\POIs (20 files)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\Polys (11 files : *.map)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\Sound (20 files : *.map and *.wav)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\Strings (10 files)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\TMC (11 files)
\My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\Topo (0 file)

\profiles\default (no file)

\Program Files (no files)

\Recycled (no file)

\Temp (no file)

\Windows (58 files)
\Windows\Desktop (no file)
\Windows\Programs (no file)
\Windows\Recent (no file)
\Windows\StartUp (no file)
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN530 - How do you change the alert sound for mypoi? Reply with quote

The sound that plays when you hit a custom POI appears to be the default.wav file in the windows directory. If you take another wav file and rename it to default.wav and overwrite the file that is on the navman it makes no difference. Even if you delete the default.wav files it reappears back.

I have tried putting a new default.wav file in POI, MYPOI, SOUNDS, directories in the hope that it uses this file if it finds it there ahead of the default.

Doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ICN 530 Custom POI solution Reply with quote

myles1 wrote:
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I spent all day working this out. Customer POI files are NOT transferred by SMARTV3 to the correct location on the Navman ICN530.

In my case the files transfer first time, every time, to the corect location

myles1 wrote:
I have tried putting a new default.wav file in POI, MYPOI, SOUNDS, directories in the hope that it uses this file if it finds it there ahead of the default.

Doesn't work.

Any ideas?

As mentioned in a previous post, the file has the 'read only' attribute set, and this attribute appears to be fixed. Hence you can't overwrite the file.
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: ICN 530 Reply with quote

Many thanks Tim.

Fortunately this bug did not affect you although the chap above in the thread has the same problem. It would seem to be a software issue affecting only some users. It would be interesting to know why this happens in some but not all instances. In any event a manual solution has been found which I hope will solve the user's problem and future users problem via this thread. It was indeed very frustrating for me and I am a long time and competent pc user - so I can imagine that some will be stumped.

Thank you for your comment on the sound file. I was aware of the cause and will continue to search for a solution.

Regards
larrylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: still no joy Reply with quote

having read some of the suggestions i ceated a new folder called mypoi and put the files into this folder but it has still made no difference i can not find any reference to the speed cameras looking through the options on the navman any more help would be good
bluenose66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With these on going problems with POI's for the 530 why the hell don't navman include the speed cameras in their software updates, or is this to simple ?
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The folder should be
MYFLASHDRIVE/NAVMAN/LIGHTNING/NAVMAN/MYPOI

Once the files are there, you should be able to see them under 'safety alerts' then 'active poi'. I wonder if you have some dodgy files. Try downloading the french camera from www.alertegps.com - click on telechargement and go for standard option. See if these work - if they do then there is a problem with the files that you are currently trying and not the navman.

Good luck
bowmurbandit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a limit has to how many POI's can be displayed because although mine shows all the files have transfered to the correct folder when i view my poi's only the first 5 i transfered are showing up.
When i view then from the smartST desktop they are there, when i try to view them from the unit only 5 show.......Whats going wrong ?

Cheers All
Bandit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: