Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help me choose
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help me choose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
equium
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: help me choose Reply with quote

i'm trying to decide which to buy: Garmin GPS V or the Magellan Meridian
Color GPS. A few months ago, i had decided on the Garmin but after checking out the magellan, i kind of like the magellan. i really like to color and if i have read right, i can get turn by turn from the magellan with software. i also forsee my 7 year old son taking control during long trips and watching our progress :D i believe the display is larger on the garmin. (that was a big factor months ago, but not now) can anyone tell me why i should buy brand x or why not to buy brand y.
thanks.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secretly, I adore the Magellan SporTrak. It might not be the best looking device out there, but it's a well rounded product and works well. You will pay more for the color version, and it does white out a little in bright sunlight, but it's a nice product.

You can use Magellan MapSend with the Magellan, but I haven't tried it, so I don't know how good the turn by turn features are. With Garmin, all you basically had on the handheld GPS was a map, with your pointer on, no routing information, no turn by turn information, unless you went for a Street Pilot or GPS V, or iQue. I'm not too sure teh Magellan will give you this sort of control though, although I maybe wrong.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: