Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - gps assist application error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

gps assist application error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: gps assist application error Reply with quote

Hi there

I hope some one can help me. Having looked at gps assist I downloaded the trial version having first loaded the eVB software as instructed.

Everything is okay until I tap on either "contacts" on the menu bar or edit contacts on the options I then get a pop up error box

Application error
An error was encountered whilst running this programme: Object required 'polApp'

Plus, and I guess its connected when in "contacts" and I try to go to "Navigate To......." or "Show TomTom map......." I get a popup error bos that is from Tomtom that says

Unable to use PIM services

I tried a soft reset in case that helped but it didnt.

Howard
Revvin_Kevin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard,

Are you using WM2003?

I believe the problem is not with TTN2, but with WM2003 as GPSassist has not yet been updated properly to work with WM2003. The eVB 'fix' resolves some, but not all issues, unfortunately.

This has been discussed elsewhere but I can't find the thread.

Kevin.
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: PolApp error Reply with quote

Hi Kevin

Before I posted this I did actually look through the threads to try and find something but I couldnt find anything either. Plus, on the gps website there is a FAQ which asks does it work with WM2003 the answer is yes, providing you download the eVB which I did. If anyone can point me to the relevant thread it would be appreciated, in the meantime I suppose I had better uninstall it until the WM2003 version is up and running.

Howard
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: errors Reply with quote

I have uninstalled gps assist and now when I go to contacts and then "tools" and then either 'Navigate to.......' or Show Tom Tom map.....' I still get the error pop up box whch says

"Unable to use PIM services"

Has anybody got any ideas?

Howard
BrianA
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I tried GPSassist yesterday on my XDA II - after loading the Vb support files per the website. To cut a long story short it would start, launch TT and then vanish. I've uninstalled it ...

The website says a fully PPC2003 / TT2 compatible version is coming - but that was well over 6 months ago. Anyone have any idea if/when it might happen?

Cheers

Go 520 + Navcore 8
(was a happy PDA user until TT stopped updating the software)
Revvin_Kevin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard (and Ianwilly),

I've had more time to find the threads I was looking for: Smile

Go here

and here

Hope they help.

Kevin
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: gps problems Reply with quote

Kevin

Thanks very much for the info. After uninstalling gps I then had terrible trouble with TomTom not running when I tapped on it and still getting the "unable to use PIM service" message in contacts
It worked after a set resoft but then would also refuse to work when the pda was turned of and then turned back on again. I was also geting other strange behaviour regarding the active sync. In the end I did a hard reset and a full reinstall from back up, now I'm pleased to say everything is working okay.

Howard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: