Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Download Maps, how soon?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Download Maps, how soon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A1Dox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Download Maps, how soon? Reply with quote

Going away tomorrow and forgot to buy/download the map I wanted. So, a couple of hours ago I logged onto the TomTom site and ordered the map I wanted.

I got an almost instant payment results email, then, ten minutes later, an Invoice mail, but no sign of the mail telling me where to d/l the map from. Sad

We've got to leave early tomorrow morning, so I thought I'd see if anyone new how long a map purchase should take to work it's way through the TT machine and turn into something I can download/install.

So, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dox Confused
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive also got this problem, ordered a map for my "one" two days ago, same emails but no map. Can anyone throw any light on this please?
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going into the TomTom site Plus services, and you may find the map you have ordered available to download. when I bought a map it appeared there almost instantaneously
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
masrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a complicated proceedure.

Go back to the site andlog in, then there are some hoops to jump through.

like inputing you device code, you'll be given an authorisation code which along with your device code gets you an unlock code

you put in the unlock code with the downloaded and installed map to be able to use it. it can take about 30 mins to figure out if you have never done it before and its somewhat frustrating.

Masrock

A1Dox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, thanks for the replies...

@ Robin2, yup, I checked (repeatedly) on the support site and it didn't show I had purchased any maps until after the "how to download" email two days later (and after I'd left the country)...

@ masrock, thanks for the tips. As I'm now back home, the maps are no longer of any use. I couldn't download them direct to my Qtek 9100 even over public WiFi. The support@tomtom.com address sends an auto reply pointing you to their new improved support website, which is so improved it won't work on the device their product is designed for...

After jet-lag clears, I'll send them an email expressing my dissapointment. I don't know why I'm surprised though, every ecommerce transaction with them since purchasing TTN 1.43 has been fraught with overly complex, obscure and bafflingly unnecessary hoops to jump through...

Seeya
Dox..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: