Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT-338 Won't Pair w/Ipaq hx4700!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT-338 Won't Pair w/Ipaq hx4700!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxx26
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: BT-338 Won't Pair w/Ipaq hx4700!!! Reply with quote

I have a brand new BT-338 and an hx4700 running WM2003CE (with all the possible upgrades from HP) that has been hard reset and has absolutely no additional software on it except for the GPSinfo program from globalsat.

When I go through the BT-manager and follow the connection steps the gps is recognized (but with a blue question mark) and then I have even gone on to make a pairing entering the code "0000" as instructed by globalsat, but when I view the connection, it only shows information being sent out, nothing sent in to the ipaq from the gps - what gives???

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Maxx

PS - BT is working because I paired a headset and transferred files from my computer, so no hardware problems.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you mention "All possible upgrades are installed" are you sure te device is still using the WM2003SE or have you infact installed the Wm2005 upgrade?
If it is 2003SE when you go to Bluetooth Manager tap and hold the icon then select connect from the pop-up box.
Mike
Maxx26
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Win 2003 SE Reply with quote

My OS version is 4.21 (Pocket PC 2003 SE I believe) and my bluetooth stack is version 1.50.0.4000.

I tried the GPS on an Eten M600 (WM5) and it paired instantly.

I'm at a loss. I don't want to pay $40 to upgrade the 4700 to WM5 because I might not keep it, but before I sell it I would like to see how it works with gps and mapping.

Thanks again.

Maxx
Grace0803
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try setting your ipaq to other NMEA with baud rate 9600, I know you have bluetooth but this sometimes works.
Hope you get it sorted.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: