Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Update on the CP6 patch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on the CP6 patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirhardi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess, i cant edit my poist ?
Okay si i assume i do have the latest desktop patch than ?
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Speech Reply with quote

Hi,

I am normally one to praise Copilot as it has always (since iNS v3) met my needs for navigation.

However with the patch it has done my head in!!

The only problem I have is the TTS.

I have followed all instructions perfectly and I sometimes (very rarely actually) get TTS - most of the time its WAV.

I have gone into the language and speech and changed to UK English (Jane) then change to TTS for Roger. I exit and reload and its still WAV.

I change to the US TTS and I get a different voice telling me welcome to Copilot however navigation prompts are still WAV.

If no-one has the same issue then it must be a problem with my setup. I have the M5000 (Jasjar/universal/MDA Pro etc)

Perhaps I should uninstall/reinstall

Thanks

Matt
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the only one. It keeps on resetting me back from TTS Roger to Wavy Jane.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on the US ALK site that the M2000 and equivalents do not support TTS - so maybe the M5000 is affected too.

On my M5000 it was patchy on the v6.0.0.68 version in that TTS wouldnt work if I had the messaging application open!!

Matt
Rubberman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am having problems with TTS with the new US v6.0.1.22. It wants to default to wave files, even though I have selected TTS in Settings/Language and Speech. I have found what I believe to be a workaround. After I start Co-Pilot, I immediately go to Settings/Language and Speech and tap "Listen". If I hear the TTS voice, which occurs most of the time, I click OK and start my trip. After that, all directions are in TTS. If I don't do this, it defaults to wave files and doesn't give me the road names, etc. that are associated with TTS. It's an extra step that I would prefer not to do, but until a new patch for the US arrives, I can live with it.

G.W. Quigley
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thats what I used to do.

I bit the bullett and reinstalled.

I now have no speech!!

I can select TTS but there are no WAV entries!!

...and of course TTS doesnt work!!

Not sure what to do now - am waiting on ALK(EU) to get back to me.

Matt
pgamble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Progress .... eventually Reply with quote

Hi guys

Much awaited patch and when I eventually got it working ... it seems a lot better.

I tried the upgrade 3 times and had odd issues with speech and WAV. Eventually I lost patience so I backed up all config files - favourites / tracks etc and then did the desktop install. This updates the 2577 image with the new PDA image. I then removed everything relating to CPL from the PDA (except my backup of course).

The next step was to do the normal fresh install to the SD card ....

Every now works swimmingly.

I like the new Safety camera alerting although I wish you could take advantage of the different speed alerts.

I did a route from Hook to Manchester a while ago that went M3, M25, M1, M6. I wanted to force M40, M6. When I did this it went all the way to the top of the M40 ..... then back down again and up the M25, M1, M6 !!!!

I tried this with the patch and the route now works properly so something has changed for the better.

I wish there was less of the screen used at the top (i.e. more for the moving map) but I can live with that.

It's nice you can choose different accents and languages. The Australian girl is quite cute.

GPS discovery with BT is still a bit flaky.

I also had a really odd issue post the first attempted upgrade. When ever I attempted to power off the PDA with the switch (2750), it switched on straight away. It would however power off using a soft power off icon in handy menu.

Various soft resets didn't get rid of this. It did eventually sort itself out (no apparent reason) but odd issues with voice pushed me to do the fresh install.

Looks reasonably promising at the moment although I have so far stuck with Wav - I will try the tts tonight.

Paul.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has also defaulted to Jane a couple of times recently. I just put it down to not enough memory to load TTS and performed a soft reset, this seems to do the trick.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a problem when changing from the default Wave to TTS. When I changed to UK Roger, the TTS voice was US John!

I only seem to be able to get UK Roger by changing selecting a non-UK language (when CoPilot re-starts). Now if I change back to the UK TTS, I get UK-Roger.
Rubberman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using TTS, my only option for US English is John.
Regards,

G.W. Quigley
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubberman wrote:
When using TTS, my only option for US English is John...

Same with me - I was referring to UK English Roger
redhorse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I installed 6.0.1.68 I selected UK Roger, but what I got was US John's voice speaking UK Roger's lines ("roundabouts", not "circles"). Soft reset seemed to fix it

CP6 6.0.0.68
Pocket PC 4.20.0 Mio168
Searcher22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to update my CP6 this morning but one thing that I have found interesting in this thread is the various references to choosing the "voice".

When I installed my new CP6 (the current in use version) I found that I had only one voice fixed - this is English Jane "welcome to Co Pilot" - the actual on the road announcements are in another male voice.

When I go to the speech section of the options etc I have no other choices available. I have since found on the Alk support site ref to removing Pocket Speech to get to use the ogg voices. Now I installed Pocket Speech at the beginning because the instructions did not imply it was an optional thing.

So, sorry to ask what is probably the obvious but are all you guys that have access to the various voice options using the ogg files and you have not installed Pocket Speech ? Or odes it now the updated CP6 allow Pockect Speech to be installed but lets you access the oog files voice choices?

TIA Smile
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searcher22 wrote:

So, sorry to ask what is probably the obvious but are all you guys that have access to the various voice options using the ogg files and you have not installed Pocket Speech ? Or odes it now the updated CP6 allow Pockect Speech to be installed but lets you access the oog files voice choices?
TIA Smile

The speech setup is different with the patch.

You dont need to install a "pocket speech" app seperately - a new entry within the speech directory is created for tts and mle01.

When upgraded going into the language and speech options allows you switch between wav and tts - but as you will have seen it doesnt work as it should.!!

In the end i have completely removed all copilots from pc and ppc - and started again with the installation cds.

I then uninstalled on the ppc and installed the patch version.

I now have wav and if i test the tts as soon as launching copilot i get tts.

I think the most important part of the upgrade is that when you copy across the quickstart files answer yes to all to overwrite files already there - this is how the tts directories are added to the configuration!

I still have a support case open with alk - will let you know the response.

Matt
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keyboard is still not sorted out. If the Copilot keyboard is selected and Copilot then exited, the Copilot keyboard remains when another application, e.g. Pocket Excel, is started, and it is necessary to go back into Copilot to get rid of it.

I suppose that this is a relatively minor issue, but, taken with the problems with voice selection already noted, and the number of times they keyboard issues have been described, it does seem to indicate a lack of thoroughness.

One good thing about the Copilot keyboard is that it is quite large, and therefore handy for inputting figures into a spreadsheet, for example. But for the fact that it obscures other things, including the input device selections, it would be a real asset for other applications.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: