Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to install?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoctorWu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: How to install? Reply with quote

I have a Garmin Streetpilot 2610 and have downloaded the maps that I think are correct and unzipped them, but how do I use them in Mapsource and upload them to my Streetpilot. There was a guy who made a self installation windows file of the camera database before charging for it came into being and it worked a treat. I have paid my money to download it from here and don't have a problem with it at all, but it isn't straight forward enough for me I am afraid. Can't it be made easier to download and install? I can't see me bothering again. I have been looking on here for two evenings now and can't seem to get anywhere! (I must be getting old and senile!) Confused
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: How to install? Reply with quote

DoctorWu wrote:
I have a Garmin Streetpilot 2610 and have downloaded the maps that I think are correct and unzipped them, but how do I use them in Mapsource and upload them to my Streetpilot. There was a guy who made a self installation windows file of the camera database before charging for it came into being and it worked a treat. I have paid my money to download it from here and don't have a problem with it at all, but it isn't straight forward enough for me I am afraid. Can't it be made easier to download and install? I can't see me bothering again. I have been looking on here for two evenings now and can't seem to get anywhere! (I must be getting old and senile!) Confused

Hi DoctorWu,

Did you see my response at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32095&start=15 ?
DoctorWu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob.

Quote:
Once you have subscribed you can go to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras and select Garmin from the drop-down box. Select either speed zoned or single file then download and extract all the files into the same folder as any other POI's. Upload to the unit using Garmin's POI Loader

Is the reference above the one you mean? I have not had to use POI loader before and have been using the maps for ages when they were free from another site. As I say the guy used a windows self install program and it was a doddle. Before that I installed the files somehow, but to the PC and the Mapsource program and then from there to the Streetpilot 2610.

thanks

Andy
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is the link and I'm afraid that we don't support the old system at the moment.
DoctorWu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob.

Quote:
Yes, that is the link and I'm afraid that we don't support the old system at the moment.

I am afraid the POI loader does not work with my Garmin Streetpilot 2610. I remember trying it before because when I connected my 2610 to the PC and switched on, my PC did a reboot! That is why I uninstalled the software straight away. Confused Is there anyway that I can manually install the file to read from the Mapsource software as I have done in the past? (or is that what you refer to as "the old system"? If not, I reckon I am up a certain creek and paddleless! :x

I have only had my Garmin since September last year and chose it because the options were few to use on a bike (don't drive one of those 4 wheeled contraptions!) I dont particularly want to spend more money on a sat nav I dont like or need.

Thanks
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39692 Smile
DoctorWu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Now your talking!!! Downloaded and being installed on my God's gift to the directionally challenged device, in seconds!!! That was as simple as ABC and long may it stay that way!!!

Ta very much. I am one happy guy at last.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: