Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Radio buttons invisible in GPS app. HP 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio buttons invisible in GPS app. HP 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2210 runs WM2003 and this behaviour is definately not normal, it looks like you've got some sort of corruption creeping in. I've never seen this before, I suspect a hard reset will cure it but it will wipe everything you've got installed.
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Are you running checkpoint as well? Reply with quote

I have found a similar problem AFTER running checkpoint I cannot see some of the radio buttons and check boxes.

Anyone else?

ipaq 3630, Pretec CF GPS, Ipaq 5550 Fortuna Slim GPS, TTNAV 5.10 w traffic , SPV C500
Jerry70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Again my TTN2+IPAQ1940!!! Reply with quote

Hi!
It's me again, with this hellish package TTN2+IPQ1940.
After installing TTn2, the radiobuttons sometimes disappear also in my PocketPC, both in GPS appl. and in PocketPC desktop (e.g. the radio buttons of "activate/de-activate" volume options disappear as well).
This happens when I de-activate GPS receiver.
For this reason, I think that it is due to TOMTOM.

Bye
Jerry
Milan, Italy

p.s. Before entering this forum, yesterday, I believed my IPAQ was occupied by a demonic spirit Evil or Very Mad : now I see that plenty of problems I have are quite diffused. 8O That's a little consolation for me.
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: So far Reply with quote

I have to admit I have not seen this recently. Not very scientific I know, but since checkpoint 3.2 I dont seem to have had the problem.

What other 3rd party SW are you running?

Mark
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio buttons invisible in GPS app. HP 2210 Reply with quote

johnboy290 wrote:

By the way, how do I tell what version of PocketPC is on my iPAQ? I've only had it weeks.

Thanks

Start...Settings...System...About gives you the build number.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
thax1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: radio buttons Reply with quote

I've seen this too on my 1940+TTN2.

I've seen in other threads that this is a symptom of low memory - (for running the programs, not storage.)

I've mapped the memo button on the side of the 1940 to SoftReset.exe, this allows for quick softboots, which normally clear all TTN2 related probs.

I've not really understood memory on pocketPC's, the way programs keep running in the background after you exit etc.
The device is supopsed to manage storage vs. operating RAM - and will close programs in the background when more ram is needed. Maybe this explains the radio buttons re-appearing after a while??

Jerry70 - keep trying with the 1940+TTN2 combination, I find it excellent with the TT bluetooth receiver, just needs soft resets sometimes.

JT.
Jerry70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JT,
I understand you are one of the purchaser of 1940+TTn2+GPS receveiver, aren't you?
Well, 'm happy to read your device is working fine :o , because I stronlgy desire mine to do the same.
First of all, I've just hard reset my IPAQ, as, after re-installing TTN2, it did not catch the signal form my GPS bluetooth receiver.
I have some questions for you:
1) do you use a SD card to install maps? I tried to install different map sizes (see my posts in "Problems with 1940+TomTom") but TTN freezes or exits the application. In other cases, TTN fails to switch from one map to another, exiting the application. All this problems do not occur if I use a 16Mb map installed directly in the IPAQ RAM! So it seems to be a problem of data exchange between TTN and SD card.
2) if you use a SD card (mine is a Sandisk 256MB SD Card), how did you format it (FAT12, 16 or 32? and what cluster size)?

Thanx
Jerry
Milan, Italy
thax1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: TTN2 Reply with quote

Jerry70,
I've got a 128MB SD card, which I bought from a shop under a brand i'd never heard of. However, I've just held it up to the light and its a SanDisk!

No idea on cluster size etc., I just plugged it in. I dont remember formatting it, although the shop copied a file onto it for me to prove it worked - they may have done something.

I've only installed a map once - the 96MB map of Britain. I used the tomtom installer on the PC to copy it - it then took me to the website to validate it. All OK.

I've heard of problems with 256MB SD Cards on other forums, can you get hold of a 128MB?

With regard to BlueTooth GPS, I've got the TomTom one. In the GPS window (from Start, Settings, GPS) it has a big tick in the top-left box. Then "TomTom Wireless GPS" in the top dropdown,and, "Bluetooth Serial Port Com5:" in the next dropdown.

These are greyed out currently. The "tomtom hands" in the window of the pda icon are lit up, and the slider is to the right.

I mention this because I once messed with these settings to get it to work without the GPS widget, and broke it for a while:)
Jerry70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thax1,
Thank you for your indications.
You told something that sounds strange to me Confused : you validated the map through TT website, didn't you?
Is this step compulsory, even in the case you have already reistrered the TTN software? Are these two different validation processes (one for TTN and one for each map you install)?

Bye
Jerry
Milan, Italy
thax1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Validation Reply with quote

Hmmm,

Actually, I always though it was the map that was 'locked', not the software.

Following that reasoning, you would have to connect to the website every time you installed a map.

I may well be mistaken!

Anyone else know?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: