Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris_Stuart69

TomTom Mobile 5.2 available from the TomTom website itself. All you need is your product code and you can get ttcode.com to generate an activation code for you.

You do own a legal copy don't you. Otherwise stop asking on this forum where to get illegal software please. TomTom software is very good (N70 has some issues admittedly) and is well worth the £159 inc VAT for software + TomTom GPS receiver (e.g. carphonewarehouse offer).
jon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've found a way to make it 80% stable with the BT-77:

1. Delete all pairings. Then turn bluetooth off.
2. In bluetooth settings, set it to 'Shown to all'.
3. Start TomTom, let it turn on bluetooth.
4. In TomTom, goto 'Show GPS Status'
5. Press 'Configure' then select the TomTom receiver. You will then return to the screen with grey bars.
6. Then press 'Configure' again and choose 'Other Bluetooth GPS'. If your receiver comes up in the list without even doing a search, don't select it. When it says 'Searching' you should then switch on the BT-77. Then choose BT GPS.
7. Now you will have bars going up and down. It will probably drop the bluetooth and say 'No GPS device' 3 times, but then after these 3 drops, it should be fairly reliable after.
8. When finished, goto 'Show GPS Status' again and choose the TomTom receiver. You will have grey bars again, so now turn off your BT GPS receiver.

Try this out and let me know how it goes.

Jon
Kris_Stuart69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the best TomTom GPS receiver to use with the N70?

Any links?
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do not have one already then maybe the TomTom GPS one would be best. Around £70-80 but you can buy with software and maps for around £150.
Penfold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is with the N70 bluetooth so any bluetooth GPS should be good, but due to the problems with the N70 none are reliable
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: N70 firmware Reply with quote

I also have huge problems with my N70 so decided to see whats going on.
Spoke to novaphone in sheffield to see about geting the firmware updated, he asked why i wanted it doing and i said that its because tt5 is playing silly . On hearing this the technician told me that it could be cured but would cost me 23 quid for the upgrade as it wasnt a nokia problem but he guaranteed it would cure it. Even though my phone is in warrenty i have to pay!!.
Well ,i took the phone to carphone warehouse who tried to flash it but couldnt get the upgrade to take!!! Most odd, so they have reflashed the phone with th same firmware. I am going to try it out over the weekend and might spend the money but bloody hell, i have an ipaq (350 quid) tomtom 5 (150 quid) tomtom for my phone (130 quid) a gps reciever (100) quid, a phone at 40 quid a month. How much more must i pay not to get lost......
contracts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: N70 update announced Reply with quote

Found this link while looking around.
http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/006/03/n70firmware.htm
Could this be the answer to all our problems? Have to wait and see. Question If anyone finds a NSC who can do this yet, please post the details here.
scuzzlebutt-1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my N70. Tomtom crashes or sometimes the voice instructions are repeated 3 or 4 times. I never had any problems with my 7610. Complained to nokia and Firmware update seems to have cured problems.
jon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice discovery contracts. I hope V5 sorts it...but johnfretwell posted this:

"I have a N70 and just got a new version installed on my N70:

V 5.0609.2.0.1
01-03-06
AM-84

Even with this version the gps device still dropped out now and again for 2 to 4 seconds at a time. This only happens now and again so you can easily use the N70 with TomTom with this version.

ON A BETTER NOTE FOR ALL:
I have since bought a TomTom MKII gps receiver and it is brilliant. I have done around 8 trips of a few miles each so far and the N70 has not showed "no gps device" at all.

I am doing a long trip on Monday and normally the N70 will lose the gps device at least 6 times. I now suspect that it will not lose it at all.

This dramatic performance increase could be the relationship between version 5 on the N70 and the TomTom gps receiver but i suspect it will work with version 3.

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN N70 WITH A TOMTOM GPS RECEIVER ?"

Hopefully there must be a pairing method that will work with V5.

Jon
tiggybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TomTom GPS (Model 9821x) which I used to use with a Tungsten PDA and it was always okay then so I know that unit works.
I used it with my N70 last night and all was well for about 40-mins then same old thing. Screen froze and had to reboot. I have firmware
v 2.0539.1.2
19-10-05
RM-84

Yeah I know the firmware is crap but I live on the IoWight so am a bit restricted to finding a Nokia place to upgrade it.

I've toyed with Motorola and Sony but have always come back to Nokia and this phone is really p##sing me off.
Not only is it slow to do anything but what's with the new power adapter? None of my old Nokia chargers now fit and I've had to go and buy adapters for the adapter. Doh!
Should never have got into a pub brawl and had my 6680 stamped on. That worked fine.
:x
sHaRpEy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an N70, and I have one of those silver genuine TomTom receivers and the bluetooth connection kept dropping out and I had to go into the preferences and re-select the GPS device.

Last Saturday I upgraded from 2.x something to V 3.0546.2.3 18-11-05 RM-84.

And did it make any difference? No, none! It still drops out randomly, it's never lasted more than 20 minutes in one go.

Has anyone upgraded to v5 who has a genuine TomTom receiver? The Nokia service centre said they'd upgrade me to v5 but would invalidate the warranty (like I care Smile )
cliffhanger_gb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: any official replies? Reply with quote

Hi all i to have encountered all the problems already discussed and just wonder what the manufacturers TomTom and Nokia both say.I did some time send a query to TomTom support with regards to the N70 bluetooth problem with no reply from themselves.Has anyone else tried?,obviously TomTom now add the N70 to there tomtom mobile compatibility list so must have answers as should Nokia.Also it seems that the Nokia 6680 would appear to run ok with TomTom,is this correct if so i am tempted to ditch the 2mp camera and downgrade to this phone for all the hastle.
tiggybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the 2MB camera is awful anyway. My Sony camera set to VGA - 640x480 (lowest resolution on it) gives infinitely better pics.
I'll be ditching the my n70 on ebay just as soon as I get back from holiday. Dreadful rubbish that it is - worst Nokia I have ever had - and I've had a few.
sHaRpEy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiggybear wrote:
Well the 2MB camera is awful anyway. My Sony camera set to VGA - 640x480 (lowest resolution on it) gives infinitely better pics.
I'll be ditching the my n70 on ebay just as soon as I get back from holiday. Dreadful rubbish that it is - worst Nokia I have ever had - and I've had a few.

That's probably because the N70 is a phone? Stop it!
tiggybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but a lot of people on this thread seem to think it's a sat-nav.
- Albeit it one without waranty

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 15 of 25

Jump to: