Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq 2210 + Fortuna Clip on & TTN 5 can't connect!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq 2210 + Fortuna Clip on & TTN 5 can't connect!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Ipaq 2210 + Fortuna Clip on & TTN 5 can't connect! Reply with quote

OK Guys - I hope someone can help me (pretty please!)

I Have an Ipaq 2210 and a fortuna clip-on Bluetooth GPS and TTN 5 - For the life of me though I cannot get the fortuna and TomTom to talk to each other - TomTom just annoyingly says "No GPS Device" even though I have been through specifying my GPS Device as "Other Bluetooth GPS Device and have tried every port it offers, none will work. This same equipment has worked fine up to now with TTN 3 (See signature below) - BUt I have now hard reset the machine and decided that now would be the time to get the upgrade done )Haha - should have left well enough alone!)

I have tried deleting the Clip-on and re installing it - I cannot see any other sttings I can adjust

Sorry to be so dumb - but can anyone help?

Steve
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Bit more information for anyone reading who may be able to help me...

Yes I have paired the Fortuna to the Ipaq and yes I can turn on the bluetooth from the PDA (well the blue lights on the fortuna start flashine so I presume it has been swtiched on), the fortuna is seen by the PDA as "Clipon-BTGPS:SPP Slave" though this is the only serive offered, so unless I used the wrong option when setting up the pairing then this would seem to point to TomTom as to where the problem lies, but I can see no way to make any changes.

Still stuck......

Steve
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, before you start TomTom go to the Bluetooth manager, use the Tap and hold on the GPS icon and select "Connect" from the pop-up box, then fire up TomTom and try the "Other Bluetooth GPS" then when prompted to select the port select the Outgoing Bluetooth Comm port (on the IPAQ devices this is often the first one in the list), when the device returns to the main GPS screen does the little yellow/ blue disk top RH spin, if so take it outside and wait, it could take a while (upto 20 mins) to achieve lock on - Mike
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it, but - and believe this or not! - TomTom themselves had the answer!!

I checked their website and the answer which worked for me was as follows (I'll post this in case anyone else has the same problem)

Go to this link and the answer is there...

[url]http://www.tomtom.com/support/solution.php?GID=3&PID=188&SID=196&CID=223&Language=1&FID=3236

It turns out that thr trick is to use "Other Cable NMEA GPS" rather than the "Other Bluetooth Device"

Now why didn't I think of that? Possible because I don't have a cable GPS device!!

Oh well at least it works now

Many thanks to you and any others who may have been trying to work out how to help me

Cheers

steve[/url]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: