Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Magazines
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Magazines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
005clive
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: GPS Magazines Reply with quote

Is there such a thing as a dedicated magazine for GPS units (ie) which GPS etc

Tom Tom 720T
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, looked for this in quite a few newsagents. As well as PDA, Pocket Computer, Sat/Nav. All to no avail so far, if somebody isn`t doing it then theres the potential for a possibly large untapped market out there.

Walkers, cyclists-especially off road, adventurers, PDA-Pocket Computer Users, hobbyists, fishermen all benefit from these types of magazine. Asked one newsagent and he said "If I`ve got it then it will be over there in the corner"!!!

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDA Essentials had an excellent GPS Section with a seperate 32 page dedicated GPS magazine area, helpdesk, tips etc (I'm biased as I wrote it!) but I'm dissappointed to announce the holding company Highbury went into Receivership in January (owing me a considerable amount of money for months of effort which I will never see Sad ) and so we're back to square one!
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
PDA Essentials had an excellent GPS Section with a seperate 32 page dedicated GPS magazine area, helpdesk, tips etc (I'm biased as I wrote it!) but I'm dissappointed to announce the holding company Highbury went into Receivership in January (owing me a considerable amount of money for months of effort which I will never see Sad ) and so we're back to square one!

Sorry to hear you didn`t get paid Crying or Very sad . Wonder who holds the rights to this article, and if it will ever see the light of day again. Many popular magazines today started from a small publication such as this. Sadly, its our loss too, not enough has been written about this ever increasingly popular subject. I do believe that one day the subject will enter the mainstream media publication arena. :D

Steve
005clive
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m also sorry to hear that you didn’t get your payment, having done a few stints writing for fishing magazines (before my brain got scrambled by illness) I know it is not easy to be informative and to keep the reader interested.

I will have to just keep (I would anyway) reading these forums to continue learning and keeping up with developments. The combined knowledge on this site would fill a library of magazines

Tom Tom 720T
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005clive wrote:
I’m also sorry to hear that you didn’t get your payment, having done a few stints writing for fishing magazines (before my brain got scrambled by illness) I know it is not easy to be informative and to keep the reader interested.

I will have to just keep (I would anyway) reading these forums to continue learning and keeping up with developments. The combined knowledge on this site would fill a library of magazines

mmmm, says he, good point there. Online magazine or E-zine springs to mind, very popular with people. Only time will tell.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: