Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Streetpilot 111
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Streetpilot 111

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Streetpilot 111 Reply with quote

Hi I am a old timer but not new to pc`s so I wont call myself a Newbie,
I have a Streetpilot 111 great machine running City Navigator europe v6.
I have put the speed cameras locations into it with the smart little prog Garmin gpx converter Thanks.Now does anybody know if it is possible to get it to show a camera icon,also is it possible to get it to warn me??.or anything else that I can get it to do.
On reading in the Forums,I see there are quite a number of very inteligent folk, :o Now lets see what you can come up with.dont all rush Laughing Out Loud take you time.I know this is my first post,and sometimes I find that it is ignored So I hope in this forum that it not so.
Thanking you all inanticipation.

Cheers Korky ( not the CAT) :D
korky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: dont believe it Reply with quote

Well it looks like its going to be the same as other Forums,first post nobody has the time to reply,or simply have no idea.I am suprised. 8O
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, like me, no-one has the foggiest. If it wasn't the case you'd have had a response of some sort by now. Wink
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome Sorry that no one replied straight away!

The SPIII won't do proximity alerts or custom icons like the newer units and there is a limit of 500 waypoints (if I recall correctly) so you can't load all the cameras.

However, one of the users here has created an overlay map that you can upload using Mapsource (you have to reload all your City Navigator maps at the same time) and it shows the cameras as red dots (I think the icons are Marine navaid beacons). Unfortunately there is no proximity alert feature that will work with the overlay or waypoints.

Download the overlay from http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/walterwright/

The discussion thread is here.

Good luck! Thumbs Up
korky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

Hi Skippy

Thank you for your info,I was beginning to think these forums are all alike but now I know different.
It looks like I shall have to be satisfied with just looking at the small icon of a tiny camera Laughing actually I did put all the cameras in but it was impossible to see the map Laughing Out Loud so I just deleted them one by one so as they just covered the north west.stat nav cost me £550 so at the moment I have no intention of replacing it.I have just recieved the update map v8 from Garmin they about £80 approx for the update aaagh,I only use the england map,so I dont think I will bother just yet.

Thanks again

Rolling Eyes
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: thank you Reply with quote

korky wrote:
I did put all the cameras in but it was impossible to see the map Laughing Out Loud

Yeah, an explosion in a smartie factory was what someone called it. Laughing

The overlay map is good because the POI's disappear when zoomed right out. Watch out though, it is possible that the Garmin will zoom right out when on the motorway and you might not see the cameras when you need them.
korky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: STREETPILOT 111 Reply with quote

In regard to your email, I can confirm unfortunately it is not possible to
update this particular unit.
streetpilot 111 AAH WELL,NOT FOR THE WANT OF TRYING 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: