Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Patch available for CoPilot 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Patch available for CoPilot 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirhardi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT it not possible to finally hget this as a sticky and get rid of all this old stuff on top that refers to prior versions, since obviously NOTHING will be done about them ?
I certainly hope that they have firgured out a rewrite so incrementials can be updated from now on and in a much more sophisticated fashion.
I can't help the feeling, that
Mr Burrows joining the team there has done anything other than GUIO enhacenment thus far.
lynnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: CP6 Fixes Reply with quote

I managed to get both files downloaded. I got the instructions for the PPC but didn't see any instructions for the Desktop fix. Is there any specific process for updating the desktop?

Bummer about the names for the Custom POI's ... I was really looking forward to that fix.

I sure appears as though they are trying to pull the patches off the web site .... must have found some more problems or somebody jumped the gun to post them.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynnk writes:

Quote:
... any specific process for updating the desktop?

Double clicking the icon produced by the download updated my desktop version.

As a mnatter of fact it updated it to 6.0.1.24, not 6.0.1.22 - which is what the web site said and is what the PPC update certainly produces. Maybe a 6.0.1.24 PPC update would be produced from the Data Download Wizard. Whether that would be any better, who can say?

You might be right about them trying to pull the patch, as it doesn't appear to be available on the EU site.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it may be worth, a data Download Wizard quickstart installation from the Desktop PC version 6.0.1.24 produces PPC version 6.0.1.22. It seems that we have another version numbering problem.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, the desktop patch 6.0.1.22 after installation calls itself 6.0.1.24, while the PPC remains at 6.0.1.22 I had to be persistent on the website, which often said "page not found" or "no patches available".

What a disappointment. This patch addresses none of my concerns:
For example:
1. Desktop, navigate to contact: fails to find many contacts, tries to let you select from a teeny-tiny window. So it's just about useless, I won't be using my former favorite feature now.

2. Desktop: Miami waterfront is still all brown, no blue water except when zoomed way out. I know this can be blamed on the map supplier, but CP does not even acknowledge the waterfront problem.

3. PPC, navigate to contacts: still useless. Because it can't match a contact that has any abbreviation (like Rd for Road). When you help it to find the road, then the last leg of the trip is an overland straight line, with wrong ETA as well. Useless.

I am too discouraged to try the most important feature: whether customized routing profiles really do what is advertised, and whether the preferences persist. This is so tedious to test and verify that it is not worth doing until ALK acknowledges that there was a problem and describes how it was fixed.

I am seriously thinking of reverting to CP 4.5, where everything last worked.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
spindrift
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
spindrift writes:

Quote:
At least I can choose which keyboard I want though Laughing

I thought that, but not for long. Try exiting CP 6.0.1.22 and then entering Pocket Excel, for example. Then see if you can get the keyboard (or other input method) of your choice.

Tried this and although the CoPilot K/B comes when Excel starts, by backing out of a worksheet, I managed to use the K/B select in the bottom RH corner to get back to the normal K/B. Closed Excel and back to CP6 and CP K/B still active but can still change to Windows K/B OK.

PONDEROUS wrote:
spindrift also writes:

Quote:
HoHum back to the drawing board again ALK.

It seems to me that the question is how long have they actually spent there - since CP 4 or thereabouts?

... isn't that the truth? Sad
GregW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want to know is if the damn ETA bug is fixed - but there's no release notes to speak of that I can find.

As for upgrading the desktop version, just run the installer. It does everything automatically.

Thanks Ponderous for the info on updating the Pocket PC side.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spindrift writes:

Quote:
... I managed to use the K/B select in the bottom RH corner to get back to the normal K/B.

In my case, I can certainly get the Keyboard Select icon by doing that, but the CP keyboard comes up the moment I touch the icon and obliterates the icon so I can't change anything.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregW writes:

Quote:
... there's no release notes to speak of that I can find.

The release notes are, as you say, not much to speak of, but they do say that the patch:

 Adds ability to switch from the CoPilot Keyboard to one of the Pocket PC system keyboards
 Fixes Bug that does not allow you to change Speech
 Fixes bug that does not play "Welcome to Copilot" when opening Copilot
 Fixes bug that uses Product Keys from data download from previous versions of Copilot.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it does no more than that - and, as already discovered, it actually does less.
spindrift
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
spindrift writes:

Quote:
... I managed to use the K/B select in the bottom RH corner to get back to the normal K/B.

In my case, I can certainly get the Keyboard Select icon by doing that, but the CP keyboard comes up the moment I touch the icon and obliterates the icon so I can't change anything.

Sorry, what I should have said was that, on starting Excel the CP K/B appears below the file listing, but on opening a worksheet, the CP K/B then disappears and I can then use the little up arrow beside the keyboard icon to change back to the normal K/B. Hope that makes better sense. Embarassed
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spindrift writes:

Quote:
... on opening a worksheet, the CP K/B then disappears and I can then use the little up arrow beside the keyboard icon to change back to the normal K/B.

Yes, that works - as long as there is a list of existing files there to open, which, in view of some maintenance on my PPC recently, I didn't have. It's an essential workaround, but what a ****** carry-on!!

It's really poor show and, I am sorry to say, surely indicative of how much time and thought can have been put into this patch.

It's time for a new emoticon to be added to the forum, I think ... entitled "Why bother wasting your breath?" (or should that be "your keyboard plastic"?)
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish they'd sort out the routing and advanced routing so the speed profiles would work for both smartphone and ppc

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Paul-m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the only things ive noticed are not worth the effort either.

As a TT5 user i liked the fact that the whole screen was effectively live and you could tap it to get the menu. on CP6 you have a wasted area of screen called 'Menu'. Before the patch you could tap on the section of screen that had the directions and this would pop up the menu.

The patch or shall we call it the 'Official Bug' has taken it away and i have to click the stupid menu button.

The only other thing i noticed was that the Quit yes or no window is edged with black so it stands out

Im happy to report that this enhancement works perfectly. The black line has never missed its cue once. Rather like the POI warning which still rushes lamely to block the map from view for 30 seconds while i drink in its usefulness for the first 5 and eventually stab the screen to get rid of it by the following 5 seconds...

working as designed i hear you say....

did i hear that ttgo 9xx series has TTS...hmmm... now theres a thought.
vipergrm
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoPilot are having a laugh. I have never seen a Sat Nav System with no many stupid bugs. The patch doesn't appear to fix my problems either. Everytime I start CP6 I always have to go into 'Routing' and change it from 'advanced' back to 'basic'. The advanced routing feature simply does not work. When used, it avoids ALL major roads and navigates me trhough the most ridiculous routes possible. I could go on and on and on about how bad this software is. The only reason I have it is because it uses Q3 2005 Navteq map data which had full coverage of Northern Ireland. Does anyone know of any other products out there that provide similar maps? If so, I'll flog this on Ebay and buy a bew one.

Thanks guys
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-m writes:

Quote:
The only other thing i noticed was that the Quit yes or no window is edged with black so it stands out

I can add the fact that, when in Walking mode, I am now invited to "Start Walking" rather than "Start Driving". They must have realised that I really needed to know which it was!!!

Can anyone point to anything at all in this patch that warrants the time taken to download and install it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: