Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Confirmation Code
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Confirmation Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Confirmation Code Reply with quote

I have been receiving emails from webmaster@pocketgpsworld telling me that a web user has been trying to change my password. This has occured twice and from different computer ID's...........this has only started since the new Safety Camera Downloads have to be paid for. Has anyone else got these emails.....Are people trying to get into our user accounts to see if we have paid for these downloads....It seems strange to me.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be what is called 'spoofing' of email addresses. I 've come across similar several times during my 10 years on the web. Basically all these spammers do is place webmaster@pocketgpsworld in the from address and send it to 1000s of people

It's a plague of many popular sites. We are blessed with a huge audience, we are ranked in the top 0.01% of all visited sites - that probably makes it more likely that our address has been picked on. It's usually not a malicious choice, it could just be that was the first address that popped into their head. Please can you PM me the message you received. Many thanks.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stuart,

Resolved! This was someone who thought his user name was stuart and was trying to get his password changed.

Phew! Laughing

Many thanks for your help in solving this!
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received one of these e-mails

Quote:
The user account 'northernbloke' at Pocket GPS World has this email associated with it. A Web user from 195.93.21.10 has just requested a Confirmation Code to change the password

That certainly wasn't me requesting the change, looks like an AOL pool IP according to RIPE, Can anyone from admin have a look and see if they can find out what the problem is?

Regards,

Northernbloke (The real Northernbloke!!!! Smile )
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is normally because someone has forgotten their username and password and are guessing what it might be. The security features of the system ensure that only the person who originally created the account can change the password.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: