Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satellite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julianbarker wrote:

Why should I have to wait to access data I have contributed to when you seem to be able to get access to it so quickly?

Hi julian, I'm glad all is been sorted out for you, but to be fair I don't think you should have directed your query to me. A direct question/query should have been addressed to PGPSW, after all, they run the show not me. Wink
korndog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've subscribed to the camera database and have just downloaded the latest cameras using PoiEdit without having to put a password in.
Does this mean I could have got the cameras without subscribing
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the site knows/remembers you are a member. Technology eh? Sometimes good, sometimes bad Smile
petmar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only just got garmin i3 so forgive my ignorance...paid subscription for speed camera database..my question is under garmin there are 2 files...uk poi loader anduk speed zoned complete...is it just the uk poi loader file i need to download....I have downloaded and installed the poi loader and read how to add the files so just wanna check i get the right file

many thanx for any help
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petmar,
You will be fine with that file.

Some people like to have the file split so they can have different icons appear for different speeds.

Nick.
Naomi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou. Used the new database for a journey this weekend and all seemed pretty accurate on the route apart from one Traffic light camera in Macclesfield that I suspect is not actually there. I will check when I pass by next time.

However there are 13 or 14 Gatso cameras in the TBA list on the M60 Jns 5 to 9 area ( Near Sale Manchester). All are roadworks cameras and I expect them to remain for months if not years . They are all set to enforce a 40mph limit.

I do not have the time nor skill to locate all these accurately. and the form for camera reporting only likes me if I give just one camera and a precise location. They all seem to be detected and their question marks displayed on my TT1. Chance for 14 birds one stone.

May I report them here please? I am already a camera member.

Nao
petmar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickwolf wrote:
Petmar,
You will be fine with that file.

Some people like to have the file split so they can have different icons appear for different speeds.

Nick.

Many thanx m8 for quick reply
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi wrote:

May I report them here please? I am already a camera member.

That'll be fine Naomi, thank you Smile
windy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before signing up, can someone confirm that it is possible to set different distance alerts for each speed rating?. My i3 works with the database but even though I do a manual install on the POI loader, it ignores my alert distances. The default distance for 30mph cameras is too big for areas like mine where some cameras are 1/4 mile apart.

Does it make a difference which version of the POI loader I use?
markjohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windy1 wrote:
Before signing up, can someone confirm that it is possible to set different distance alerts for each speed rating?. My i3 works with the database but even though I do a manual install on the POI loader, it ignores my alert distances. The default distance for 30mph cameras is too big for areas like mine where some cameras are 1/4 mile apart.

Does it make a difference which version of the POI loader I use?

Use this program to set distances for each speed AND keep the over speed alert.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=36334
Bob5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any one tell me what File type I need to download and how to install it, as its all seams to have changed since Pocket GPS started to charge!
At first one used the XLS files and it worked.
Then Co pilot started posting there own file type on the there Web Site and called it the Easy method.
Thing is they cant do that now and the only file posted is Nov2005, and the old XLS method no longer seams to work as the software now seams to be changed by Co-Pilot!
Now with the new Pocket GPS pay as you go system the 3 files on offer dont work either.
And to top it all of if you spend a few hours reading up on both company web site you get nothing but conflicting instructions that dont work either.
ANY one got an answer for this old fart who is at his wit's end???

Fingers Crossed Bob5 Rolling Eyes
JRBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else had a problem with misleading error messages from the payment service used for the subscription only camera download? I accidentally put in the valid from date instead of expires end date for my credit card and got the message "unable to connect to banking services at the moment" or words to that effect. Hit the button to re-submit my details a few times, and am now told that my "card has been blocked due to too many attempts to use the incorrect details" or words to that effect.

If the error message had been correct I would have realised my error and corrected it - not impressed and not happy.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this but as others have done so then.....

I have sent a couple of e-mails to dataalreadysubmitted@...com but have received no acknowledgement or reply. I thought I'd try and see if I can get my subscription activated via the Forum rather than e-mail.

Hope this is ok.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this but as others have done so then.....

I have sent a couple of e-mails to dataalreadysubmitted@...com but have received no acknowledgement or reply. I thought I'd try and see if I can get my subscription activated via the Forum rather than e-mail.

Hope this is ok.

I'll ensure our admin see your post and respond to you.
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question...I'm thinking of downloading the camera database for my tomtom go. How does the unit warn you of cameras? do you get a voice alert, a beep or does it just display the camera icon on the map? Cheers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: