Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Ipaq to run TTN2 with?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Ipaq to run TTN2 with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Which Ipaq to run TTN2 with? Reply with quote

After having read about as much as I can take in about GPS and PDA's I am nearly there. I have decided Tomtom Navigator 2 is the one for me and an Ipaq is the PDA. Now I need to make my mind up what Ipaq to run it on.
Can't seem to find a new 3950 or 3970, the 5550 is too expensive, the 2210 looks to be a good one but I have a few questions about it.

1. It has a smaller screen than the others, how much of a difference does that make to say, a 3950 when looking at the directions on Tomtom?

2. With the speaker in the back of the 2210, is the navigating voice hard to hear in the car?

3. Can the Tomtom software be loaded and ran from the CF card instead of the SD one?

What a brilliant site this is even if my head does feel like mince as I have been trying to take in so much information.

And yes Dave, I will be buying from one of your sponsors when I have made my mind up Thumbs Up
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

I'd go with the 2210

1) the screen is just a little bit smaller (3,5" as compared to 3,8") . For car navigation that's still good enough

2) yeah, the speaker is a bit weak, but you can always feed the sound into a separate speaker or into your bluetooth headset (...) if you are driving in loud environments all of the time (maybe time to get a quieter car? - just kidding)

3) yes, CF performance is actually slightly better than SD. The SD slot is I/O capable, so maybe later you want to get a SD camera and want to keep that slot free.

If you are looking for a 3950 or 3970 then I would recommend ebay. Got mine there just recently. Those are not as sophisticated as the 2210, though.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Royalty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
2) yeah, the speaker is a bit weak, but you can always feed the sound into a separate speaker or into your bluetooth headset (...)

You can Question I didn't think they were compatible? I have a Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset and can't figure a way of getting audio from the iPAQ2210 to it. Confused
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need is the BT headset patch. you can buy it here: http://pdassi.de/vshop/product.php?id=1438&prod_id=13048 or you can change the registry yourself. Here's how (no guarantee that it works because I can't test it.

Use a registry-editor.
Enable the headset-profile:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Services\0005
change value for Enabled from 0 to 1
you might change Auto from 0 to 1 to let the headset establish a connection automatic
Look at
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Applications\0008
you might change Auto from 0 to 1 to let the headset establish a connection automatic
Look at
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Applications\0009
check the value SecurityID is 8 and not 12
you might notice a mispelled Key "SecutiryID" with value 8 (this seems to be an error, maybe only in the german version ;-)
For ROM 1.11.XX you must make the following change:
HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\WaveDev
Change the value of key "Dll" from "wavedev.dll to "BTCeif.dll"
Now it works with bad quality. You might increase the quality by changing
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Services\0005
the Key Baudrate to 4.
Since the sound seems to be digitilized to be transfered over Bluetooth it will slow down the IPAQ.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
jim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply Lutz.

It's a bonus that the the CF card performs a bit better than SD, the CF is cheaper to buy, so I will be able to get more memory.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: